3 half stone weight gain oooooops

nic_ttc_no3

Reaction score
I am almost 36 weeks due to have my section in 23 days and I have already put on 47lbs :-o

I haven't over eaten etc and had a good bmi etc before I was pregnant and I get told I'm all bump (recent pics in my journal)
I think it's my butt and thighs where I have put the weight on but hoping it's water haha, Also my boobs must weigh good few pound each as gone up 3 bra sizes (not complaining there haha)
My uterus measurements are half a week behind so it can't be that he's a giant of a baby.

End of day I don't really care because I know I will get it off and we are about to have our baby which we went through so much heartache to get, was just wondering if any other ladies are the same or is it just me and my fat ass hahaha

I put on 4 stone when pregnant with DD (normal range BMI to start) and lost it all afterwards. I've already put 2 stone on this time and I imagine it will be around 3 stone at the end. I'm not putting pressure on myself, I've taken pregnancy as I time to enjoy food and not having to calorie count (like I spend my life doing). I know I will lose it afterwards.

I think I will get it back off quite quick cause I'm very active person, have to fit in my wedding dress in a year so hoping it just falls off. I've never gained this much before in pregnancy. But then my butt n boobs never been this big either

I'm a couple days shy of 31 weeks and I've already put on 27 pounds. I eat well, lots of fruits and veggies, not a lot of sweets and garbage, but I keep packing it on! A TON of it must be in my boobs, and I know I'm carrying a lot of water weight, but it's still frustrating. (A friend's wife constantly brags about how she's lost a bunch of weight since getting pregnant, and words cannot express how tired I am of hearing about it, LOL.) I gained a lot of weight even during the first trimester, while I was busy puking my guts out and couldn't keep anything down. Don't know how it happened!

I figure that the weight will come off once the baby is born, since I'm generally pretty good about diet and exercise, and breastfeeding burns a lot of calories, too. In the meantime, I passed my glucose test and my blood pressure is excellent, so there's really nothing to worry about. My sister, a nurse, keeps telling me that my body is doing what it feels it needs to do to nurture the baby, and not to stress about it at this point.

Yeah my midwife and consultant said there's a difference between putting on weight in pregnancy and it being all baby &water weight and he said mine is defo not fat weight gain lol.
The majority of my weight went on in the the first and second trimester there's only 6 lb of it gone on since 28weeks but I was retaining alot of water up till then so I think baby has replaced water weight cause this should really be when weight goes on

Honestly it drops off quick after pregnancy! Well apart from that last 7 lbs you never seem to shift! Don't worry xxxx

I put on 3 stone the first time round but I managed to loose it all and weigh less than before I was pregnant. Haven't dared to weigh myself this time round but will do soon.

I put on 3 stone the first time round but I managed to loose it all and weigh less than before I was pregnant. Haven't dared to weigh myself this time round but will do soon.

Don't do it until the day before you are due, then two days after you give birth ;) then you can say "i gained two stone, but lost 1 1/2 in two days!" :)

I said I wasn't going to weigh myself this time I lasted till 11 weeks and went on scales haha

My midwife weighs me with every appointment, so I can't avoid it. So I take that with a grain of salt, too, since it's fully clothed, usually after two meals, and with a full bladder!

My first three pregnancys i put about 3 stone on but really struggled to lose it i went into this pregnancy with a bmi of 40 and iv not gained in fact iv lost 6lb ftom my starting weight. I was a house before tho so still a house now... but one eith collar bones! Hahaha x

Haha catofmummy one with collar bones tickled me
After dd 4 year ago I was 12 stone and I got down to 9 stone 5 and have stayed that weight for.3 year now so shock to the system to be heavy again, but I too still have my collar bones and thin face haha. Any of you ladies have journals?

Nope no journal here im afraid. I managed to eat my way to 19 stone exactly so i was rooound everywhere was too fat but iv got a face now alright still have 2 chins but its better and i have colar bones lol. I fit into all the same clothes as before i was pregnant thank god so im hoping to b in the 17 stones and will join slimming world after shes here. Im jelous of how slim u r! Im sure if dr says its not fat ul just drown everyone when ur waters go lol x

I'm having a section so I'll probably be like a burst water pipe in street haha. Think everyone has that double chin I hate it when I put my camera on my phone to take a picture and it's turned to face me terrible angle lol.
Guessing your having a girl?? What do you already have at home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->