3 hour feeds

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by maratobe, Nov 20, 2011.

1. maratobe

maratobe Well-Known Member

hi ladies!
    i was wondering at what age or week did your babies stop their 3 hour feeds? my little one is on the clock 3 hourly... if she wakes at 6 she will feed and then sleep till 9 then wake and feed and if she doesnt go back to sleep for an hour or 2....she will still feed again in 3 hours at 12 etc....should i just keep this up? :shrug:
    :flower:

2. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

She's still very young. As she gets older, her stomach will grow and she will have bigger feeds with a longer gap in between. Stick at it hun - you're doing a fabulous job :hugs:

3. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Mummy to 2 girls.

bella had 3 hour milk feeds until she was 10 months old when she started dropping feeds (though at this point she was sleeping through!).
    xx

4. JWandBump

JWandBump Well-Known Member

My LO has a feed every 3 hours during the day.
    Last one at 9pm for the night then next one at 6.30am then every 3 hours till 9pm again lol :flow:

5. maratobe

maratobe Well-Known Member

Thanks girls! She sleeps really well and is drinking around 80-100mls each feed and is putting on heaps of weight so I guess the 3 hour feeds are what she needs :)

6. TattiesMum

TattiesMum Well-Known Member

Three hourly feeds is good :thumbup: My Granddaughter is a week older than your LO and is FF on demand - often every hour and a half or 2 hours ish. It's simply how she prefers to feed bless her.

Her brother was the same and to be honest I can't remember when he started going for longer periods as Tattie and the rest of us stopped noticing - feeding on demand is such a habit for us that we didn't/don't clock watch :blush: