3 month old HATES baths, help!

Jodie.82

"Earth & Angel mama"
Reaction score
has anyone elses LO absolutely hated their baths and screamed the palce down? has anything helped?
Cleo literally screams from the minute her feet touch the water to when she is out and wrapped in her towel. She can be happy and smiling before and then again after but will scream for the duration of her bath! help!

I never bathed Sophie when it upset her. There's no need really unless they soiled themselves or been very sicky I think.

Until Sophie started to like the bath I would just wash her with a wet flannel at night. We tried the bath occassionally until she decided she liked it.

I don't think there's anything much you can do, but maybe you can try co-bathing? If she still hates it, I would just stop bathing her unless absolutely necessary.

I use to have a bath seat we used which he HATED and screamed and screamed but since getting him a baby bath that he is submerged in he doesnt shed one tear! and we have little toys in the tub too that I play with in front of him which makes him happy. I think he was just cold.

well i only do it about every 4 days as she hates it so much, I strip wash her every morning which she also hates!! OH said he didnt like baths until he was 16 lol!
we dont have a bath here unfortunately, I'd love to bathe with her
when did your LO start to like her baths?

I use to have a bath seat we used which he HATED and screamed and screamed but since getting him a baby bath that he is submerged in he doesnt shed one tear! and we have little toys in the tub too that I play with in front of him which makes him happy. I think he was just cold.

her bath has a molded seat shape in it so i cant put her properly in and she kicks against it and arches her back.....maybe thats it then!

My little chick will only co bath so when we are in a rush to get out I give her a mini shower using her bath chair and the shower head. She loves it. My baby has really long hair that needs washing every other day xx

Id say so! We just bought a little baby bathtub which helped cause he would squirm in that chair and was freezing sooo much he cried and cried. But since the bath he has never once cried! I wash him every night as part of our routine. and within twenty minutes after his bath hes out! This is the kind of bath tub we have but im sure they have other things out there!
https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price...8CN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321474058&sr=8-1

thanks daddiesgift they have normal baby baths here, i thought i was being clever getting the shaped one but hopefully she will like a normal bath better :)

My LO hated baths until just recently and she's 6 months now!
We use the big bath and I make it quite warm, like to the temperature I'd be comfortable sitting in myself without feeling cold if that makes sense.
She likes the water deep enough to cover her tummy and I started sitting her up a little each time I bathed her. I used to get in the bath with her and cuddle her so she felt safe. Hope she starts liking baths soon, it's horrible when you don't know what to do to help them!

Our LO used to cry during bathtime and rather than have her upset, we just started top & tailing her instead. She seems to be okay with them now but we did a couple of things differently like having the bathroom really warm and instead of laying her back like we did when she was newborn, we sit her forwards now and put our hand on her chest to prop her up. I'm not sure if these made any difference or if it's an age thing though! x

sorry if im reapeating here i havent read all replys. you could try bathing with LO she might be more relaxed felling u there with her. another thing 2 keep in mind i used 2 get funny looks when i told ppl i bathed my son at 12 thro the day but this was the best time for him when he was still wee as this is when he was more awake he loves the water i started him in the small baby baths u get then moved 2 the seat that lies them back hes now in the seat where hes upright
hope something works :) xx

Rowan HATED baths for a while! So I started taking baths with him and he started loving them! Now he can take baths without me, but he definitely prefers baths in the big tub. He doesn't like the baby tub very much.

Our little one absolutely hates having a bath. We tried having her in with one of us and that still didn't help.
Since she was 9 weeks old and holding her head up perfectly on her own we have been taking her in the shower with us. We always make sure the water is at a safe temperature for her. One if us will hold LO super tight while the other one lathers her up etc! She absolutely LOVES it and we have not had one single bath time screaming fit since we started!!
We're hoping she'll get used to the bath at some point as it's obviously not ideal, but if she likes this and it gets her clean then we'll keep doing it :thumbup:

Lily hates baths but I have found if I put a muslin cloth over her body when she is in the bath, she quietens right down. I think its because the wet material is keeping her warm and its just heavy enough for her to feel secure.
It has saved my sanity!!x

My LO loves her baths but only if the water is quite hot, anything below 38/39*C and she's not happy!

My LO loves her baths but only if the water is quite hot, anything below 38/39*C and she's not happy!

My LO is exactly the same!!! His first bath was awful! But then I did a bath that was warmer and he loved it!!!! He now has a bath every night and it's actually when he is at his happiest but if it's slightly too cold - we hear about it!! He can be in a right grump and then get in the bath and is like a different baby - he hates coming out though as he gets cold!

Our first few baths were a trauma - even with a bath seat. We bought a Tummy Tub and LO has been completely calm since then. She was breech so we think the sitting position reminds her of the womb and it clears a fair bit of wind too.

Megan hated baths until I bought a foam bath pad that she just would lay on in the big tub. She hated having her feet in water so I wouldn't have water in the tub, but would just pour water over her. I also put a wet rag over her stomach and that kept her warm and felt more secure for her.

She did grow out of it. Bath time is one of her favorite things now!

Real daft one your not using water that's too cold? I pour a bath about as warm as I would have it.

Get in the bath with LO! Worked for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"