3 month old HATES baths, help!

Our LO also likes the water very warm. We also feed her 1st. If she's hungry and tired baths are a nightmare. If she's full and tired she'll be fine. But never if she's hungry. So we now always bathe on a full stomach.

Has she got an ear infection? My sister use to scream at bath time until a nurse told my mum that babies do this if they have ear infections. Not saying your baby has but just a thought x

We have a little fan heater and get the bathroom really warm (almost tropical) as well as having the water 38-39 degrees. He used to hate it but is much happier the last few times. Has to be really warm for him though...

Our little one absolutely hates having a bath. We tried having her in with one of us and that still didn't help.
Since she was 9 weeks old and holding her head up perfectly on her own we have been taking her in the shower with us. We always make sure the water is at a safe temperature for her. One if us will hold LO super tight while the other one lathers her up etc! She absolutely LOVES it and we have not had one single bath time screaming fit since we started!!
We're hoping she'll get used to the bath at some point as it's obviously not ideal, but if she likes this and it gets her clean then we'll keep doing it :thumbup:

we dont have a bath or else i would do what many have said and bath with her
but re the shower did you let the water run on her, it didnt bother her?

Doesn't bother her at all hun.
We started off by letting it run over her back to start with and when we saw that she was fine with that we moved up until it was running over the back of her head until she was completely under the stream of water. She loves the water running down over her face, it's so cute :) x

Our little one absolutely hates having a bath. We tried having her in with one of us and that still didn't help.
Since she was 9 weeks old and holding her head up perfectly on her own we have been taking her in the shower with us. We always make sure the water is at a safe temperature for her. One if us will hold LO super tight while the other one lathers her up etc! She absolutely LOVES it and we have not had one single bath time screaming fit since we started!!
We're hoping she'll get used to the bath at some point as it's obviously not ideal, but if she likes this and it gets her clean then we'll keep doing it :thumbup:

we dont have a bath or else i would do what many have said and bath with her
but re the shower did you let the water run on her, it didnt bother her?

After swimming in the pool I always take Sophie under the shower there. She loves it as long as she's close to me, she's not scare at all. Certainly worth a try!

LO loved the bath as a newborn, both in the sink where we first bathed her and also in the big tub which we moved on to when she was a few weeks old, then about 2 months ago she started hating it and would scream the place down even if she was happily playing just beforehand.

I've tried a few toys which she wasn't that impressed with but yesterday a rubber duck I'd ordered on ebay for about £1 arrived, it's got heat sensors on the bottom and flashes different bright colours when the sensors get warm and she happily started at that yesterday whilst I washed her then she was happy to lay down and have a good splash around just like she used to. Not sure if it's a coincidence as we've only used it once but really hope it works forever!

my baby used to hate his baths too but we took him swimming and now he really enjoys bath time.

We put a warm flannel on her belly which calms her down. Stops the whole archy back nonsense.

Doesn't bother her at all hun.
We started off by letting it run over her back to start with and when we saw that she was fine with that we moved up until it was running over the back of her head until she was completely under the stream of water. She loves the water running down over her face, it's so cute :) x[/QU

awhow sweet! I will be giving this a go tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->