3 months without having intercourse??

TOHARD2TRY

Reaction score
After trying 3 years without any luck, I am thinking of going with out sex till march / april time!! Has anyone else gone without intercourse and then got pregnant?

Me and my husband have both been checked for fertility issues and got given the all clear :) we are just a bit concerned about not being able to get pregnant :'(

As far as i am aware this will not give you an increased chance and the best thing for sperm quality is regular sex. You may have already try this but what about npnt and being aware of you fertile time without charting opks etc. It is all easier said than done i know, good luck with what ever you decide to try

What is your reasoning for abstaining from sex for that long?
I understand that TTC is likely putting a strain on you and your OH and taking away the romance from BDing. But I would think that going without sex for that long is likely to put even more of a strain on you and your partner (it would for us anyway, obviously every couple is different).
But I would suggest that maybe you stop 'having sex to conceive' stop tracking and worrying and let some romance back in and do the dance when you are in the mood and you both feel the urge rather than an outright ban.

And a different note, if you are doing this to increase fertility I don't think that will have a positive effect, I read that to produce the best quality sperm the man needs to ahem -expel- some every couple of days to keep regular production ticking over.

Since my last miscarriage back in 2011 I never gave my body to heal, I basically had sex straight after my period ended! So that's why I thought it would be great to start again in 3 months time ! Xx

If that is something you and your partner agree on then go ahead, give your body a rest. Make sure you are both getting plenty of intimate times though even if it is just cuddling on the sofa.

Since my last miscarriage back in 2011 I never gave my body to heal, I basically had sex straight after my period ended! So that's why I thought it would be great to start again in 3 months time ! Xx

After each of my miscarriages I waited the recommended 3 months before TRYING to conceive....but we still had sex during that time, just not around my ovulation time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->