3 weeks after birth - bright blood - advice

phoebemum

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just after a bit advice.

Had my daughter 3 weeks ago today and have some bad period like cramps and bright red blood.

I have not been off my feet for ages as I have toddler.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Could it be first period or bleeding because I'm doing too much?

I also had to have my placenta manually removed in theatre after birth and am a bit worried this could have caused a problem?

Thanks a lot.

That all sounds normal, unless you are in a lot of pain or bleeding through more than a pad an hour. It's normal to bleed for up to 6 weeks regardless of what happened during your birth. Lots of ladies seem to bleed heavily (red) at first which tapers off to brown and then comes back to red towards the end of lochia before it totally ends. Mine was red for about 2 weeks, then went to brown for another 2 weeks, then I had a few bright red days again around the one month mark or a little after before it ended. So sounds like you are just getting some heavy days again, which is totally normal. I could also totally be because you're doing too much as well. But still bleeding is normal for 6 weeks regardless of what you do.

That all sounds normal, unless you are in a lot of pain or bleeding through more than a pad an hour. It's normal to bleed for up to 6 weeks regardless of what happened during your birth. Lots of ladies seem to bleed heavily (red) at first which tapers off to brown and then comes back to red towards the end of lochia before it totally ends. Mine was red for about 2 weeks, then went to brown for another 2 weeks, then I had a few bright red days again around the one month mark or a little after before it ended. So sounds like you are just getting some heavy days again, which is totally normal. I could also totally be because you're doing too much as well. But still bleeding is normal for 6 weeks regardless of what you do.

Thanks very much. Think you're probably right, maybe some days are just heavier than others. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->