3 weeks and 3 days

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by KitteyKat2010, Nov 18, 2011.

1. KitteyKat2010

KitteyKat2010 Mom to 3, Pregnant with #4

I just found out I am pregnant with our first child. He always knows, we are both very excited. But since this is our first child, I have no idea what to expect the very first appointment.

I know that I will call the doctor up maybe in a week or two, since it's Thanksgiving and everything, and get a blood test done for sure.

After that appointment, if the blood test comes up positive, which I am sure it will. What would I do at the next appointment, would they give me an ultrasound or do they wait until a certain amount of time. My periods are very irregular, but this time I used opk's and got a positive on the 8th of November. So I used that instead of the last period.

If anyone could help me that would be great!

Stephanie

2. kittylady

kittylady Mother of 3, due #4

Heya, I can't offer you any advise but I'm just pregnant with my 1st too :thumbup: we have a buddies group set up by broodypants on the pregnancy buddies forum for people due late July / early Aug :thumbup:

3. Mrsctobe

Mrsctobe Guest

Hi they do things differently in the us than the do in the uk so i cant help you out with that one as i'm in the uk lol

Congrats to both of you on your pregnancies, it seemed like only yesterday i got my BFP (with my third)

4. stacey3690

stacey3690 Guest

congrats and welcome x

5. kittylady

Hi I'm 3 weeks 6 days and waiting to see the doctor on Monday. My ICs are still pale though I'm not due my period till sunday. Both my clearblue digitals were positive though. I think I'm going to buy two more digis for the next two days to keep me from freaking out, I'm so on edge - it doesn't feel real :wacko:

6. Mrsctobe

Mrsctobe Guest

Lol i used to be a poas addict at first too xx

7. ami1985

ami1985 Guest

yeh i just found out too and im scared and excited, hoping for a happy and healthy 9 month for us all

8. KitteyKat2010

Yeah my digital one said "not pregnant" but I did drink a lot of water! And it was in the afternoon. I took another home pregnancy test, and I it came up positive. So I have two positives and 1 negative. Like I said, this is my first...and I don't know much about digital tests.

9. kittylady

Test in the morning with your 1st urine gives the most accurate result :)

10. KitteyKat2010

Yeah that's what I thought. I still have two of them left. :) And One first response left!

11. mojojojo563

mojojojo563 Well-Known Member

Keep us posted! I'm almost 7 weeks with my 2nd and I goto the dr on nov 28th normally they due the U/S around 8 weeks atleast that's what they did when I had my son 3 years ago.

12. KitteyKat2010

Well my digital one says pregnant. So I am pretty sure I am pregnant. All the cramping and everything speaks the same :)

13. Stevielyn

Stevielyn Well-Known Member

When i went in, because i hadn't had my period in a few months, he did an ultrasound right away. What a mistake that was! It caused so much stress on us due to it being so early in the pregnancy. They couldn't find anything. Once the doctor did blood work and confirmed i was pregnant, i had another ultrasound to see how far i was. By that point, i was 6 weeks. It is very exciting. All doctors are different. Wishing you the best of luck and a healthy pregnancy