3 weeks for a semen analysis to come back?

luckdragon

Reaction score
dh dropped his first sample off this morning at the lab and they said it would be 3 weeks to get the results?
:-( i'm not sure i can hold it together for 3 weeks :cry:

has any one else had any experience of this? and why 3 weeks

x

hi we had 3 weeks to wait too and it will be week 2 for us 2moz so another week to wait. i know youve prob heard it loads of times but it has flown n am sure it will for you too :thumbup:

but i will say our house has never been so clean trying to keep busy :haha:

Sorry you are having to wait ladies, I don't understand this as they test the sample within an hour of dropping it off so why would you have to wait 3 weeks!!!

We got my husband's back this morning after waiting 5 days and that was a killer! Good news is it has come back great - bad news is the pressures all on me :(

Good luck when the results come and Babydust to you both xxxx

:hugs: i know it seems like a long time hun, but it really does fly by :thumbup: you can always ring docs every week to see if its come in early if you would like, i know mine said wait 3 weeks but was back a little sooner :flower:

xxxxx

Hi ladies,

I am new on here and just floating and finding my way round the different forums. My partners took 4 weeks in total to get back to the doctors. Considering you have to get the sample to the clinic wthin an hour I really don't know why it take soooo long???? Good luck with the results!

i dont understand why it takes so long either as hubby had to do is at hossy so they were there n straight in lab :shrug: ... am thinking of phoning early too no harm in trying :)

We were always 3 weeks withmy OH's SA with the NHS, apparently the waiting was for uploading the results on his file:shrug:

However, we have our 1st private app tomorrow and we get the results the following week and the only reason its a week is that was the earliest app we could make.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is just a constant waiting game for apps, results etc

When you are LTTTC i guess they think you have been waiting this long so a few more weeks won't hurt sort of thing :shrug:

xxxx

That's a crock of crap! Any kind of lab work semen or blood only takes within that day to process, but definitely the next day they'll have the results. Then it's up to your doctor's office to call you with the results. Which I guess it's where they're going to take their time.

When my husband had his done, we found out the same day.

Hmmm... doesn't sound right to me! We got our results within a week.

chesterfield royal hospital for you!! lol

hmm well today has dragged and thats day 1!!!

Tell me about it. Apparently its paperwork. a load of bolderdash if you ask me. Hubby and I have had lots of 'debates' (rows) as he understands the 'system' whereas I have no patience! It just isnt logical to me :(
We have to wait until the END OF JULY until my OH has an ultra sound and it is KILLING me. I was so upset when he told me the date :(
Yes the time does fly looking back but I hate wishing my life away for the next test.
:( wahhhhhhhhh
sorry waffled on there

3 weeks does seem a long time - think ours was back within a week. However, we then had to wait 3 months for the test to be repeated :( Hope it all comes back ok, but if not there are lots of options out there x

Hi just wanted to say ours took two weeks but I chase it every week as the Nhs lab lost our first! The wait could be for your gp to read and action? We also had this but I got a little stroppy and went and collected ours from reception in person, that was back in April and to this day we have heard nothing from that gp even tough hubby2b had a morph of 2%!! Luckily we got refered by my gp and have been undergoing fertility treatment since.

Good luck and keep chasing.x

we got it back within 2 days after all that. sample showed azoospermia :'-(

Sorry to hear your news:-( we found out about our male factor last month and it was a horrible shock. It does get easier to get your head round it but it took us a few weeks to collect ourselves and put together a new plan. Good luck, do message me if you want a bit of support with this.

Just wanted to add, our SA took 4 weeks at Calow hospital. Not sure what they do with it for a month but it seemed like forever waiting for it. :dohh: x

Just wanted to add, our SA took 4 weeks at Calow hospital. Not sure what they do with it for a month but it seemed like forever waiting for it. :dohh: x

hmm bloomin royal lol, how long did it take for you to get refferd to the urologyst hun? xxx

My husband had his SA done 3 weeks ago. We've got our second appointment in a week and a half to get all the results with the FS, can i call the clinic where he had it done and get the results??? I'm just so impatient!!!

hmm bloomin royal lol, how long did it take for you to get refferd to the urologyst hun? xxx

We didn't. We got referred to the fertility clinic but it wasn't too long, maybe a month before we actually saw someone. Luckily my doctor referred us when she got my bloods back even though the SA wasn't back at the time.

I think as hospitals go we are lucky for waiting times. Sadly they seem long to us but compared to other parts of the country we actually do really well. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->