3 weeks past labor...want to workout!

monte3375

Reaction score
Saturday is 3 weeks past May 25 labor.

Stiches from episiotomy seem to be gone. I want to start squats and lunges with my walking as all extra weight on my bum..25 lbs to lose!

I wonder if it is OK now.

I would wait a couple more weeks just to be safe, don't worry you will lose the weight just eat right and do some walking for now, but I would leave the squats alone for a couple of weeks.

Everyone on here is pretty much going to say wait 6-8 weeks, no matter how many times you ask. If you don't want to wait then I'd ask your doctor first. Or not. It's your choice to follow recommendations or not.

It is best to wait until you've had your six week check up. Maybe stick to walking in the meantime :)

I started working out between 2-3 weeks post c section, listen to your body use common sense, take it slow and you will be fine.

I would wait another few weeks, you may be healed externaly but it takes longer for your muscles to repare themselfs after an episiotomy.

I started core exercises and walking at 2 weeks PP but didn't go the gym till 6 weeks I did some squats at 4 week PP but felt odd afterwards xx just do what your body will allow xx

I started going speed walking at 3 weeks pp this time, bleeding bad pretty much gone but when I started that speed walking I started bleeding again. Don't know if it was the exercise or not but I'd wait. I just stopped bleeding 2 days ago :-( that was too long for my liking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->