3 year old, everything difficult

angelmummy

Mum of 2 boys & 1 angel
Reaction score
my 3 year old at the moment seems to be so difficult. he is a lovely funny boy and is as good as gold at nursery and with grandma and friends etc but with me and his dad he is a nightmare alot of the time.

everything is a battle. from asking him to put shoes on and get dressed his response is no and to run away, if he has something he should not have we try and take it and he runs away and throws it behind the chair, he wont sit and eat tea properly at the table, has trantrums about watching "his tv" and "his programmes", i constantly seem to be shouting at him and putting him in corner, not that he stays, tried shouting but that does not work. at my wits end. Its just a nightmare!! He wont seem to do anything without making it a game or bribery!!

not looking for answers really just venting!!!!

It's a good thing you're not looking for answers because I have none!! But we're going through similar things with Charlie who was 3 in August.

This morning for instance, I gave him his shoes and asked him to put them on, went to carry on packing the boys bags for nursery, came back about 2 minutes later to find he's still sitting there with them on his lap. So I ask again "put your shoes on please". I go and get his coat. Still sitting there. So I sit next to him and pick up a shoe to do it myself, and he grabbed it off me and threw it across the room in temper and screamed!!!

This is totally normal, and its just him venting.

Hope it gets better for you soon. :hugs:

I've said before..I don't know why they call it terrible 2s because they don't even compare to age 3. We went through this with both of my older boys, we found age 3 to be the most trying. I hope it gets better soon

It's a good thing you're not looking for answers because I have none!! But we're going through similar things with Charlie who was 3 in August.

This morning for instance, I gave him his shoes and asked him to put them on, went to carry on packing the boys bags for nursery, came back about 2 minutes later to find he's still sitting there with them on his lap. So I ask again "put your shoes on please". I go and get his coat. Still sitting there. So I sit next to him and pick up a shoe to do it myself, and he grabbed it off me and threw it across the room in temper and screamed!!!

This is totally normal, and its just him venting.

Hope it gets better for you soon. :hugs:

Sorry to hear your having a difficult time with your 3 year old too, although sorry to admit it and say it does make me feel better that i am not the only one!!! Hope your lo settles down soon too.

Its a trying age!!! Thanks for your reply though. :hugs:

I love him to bits but my god arrrggghhhh!!!

Marie xx

I've said before..I don't know why they call it terrible 2s because they don't even compare to age 3. We went through this with both of my older boys, we found age 3 to be the most trying. I hope it gets better soon

Thanks hun, it made me feel better to see that your 2 older boys were the same at 3. It does seem like 3 is worse than 2, he is 4 in July so hopefully it will be better then, if not at least he goes to school in september to reception class!!! LOL

Marie x

I agree with this! we thought we had skipped terrible twos :shrug: until we discovered terrible 3's :rofl: I wouldn't worry hun, its normal part of growing up & learning :D

Thanks hun, it made me feel better to see that your 2 older boys were the same at 3. It does seem like 3 is worse than 2, he is 4 in July so hopefully it will be better then, if not at least he goes to school in september to reception class!!! LOL

Marie x

i agree toooootally with the terrible 2 thing!!

my 3 year old can be so trying sometimes, i love her so much and shes got the sweetest little face but she just baffles me sometimes! it can take us 10 minute to get her dressed because she has to run around the room after every piece of clothing has been put on, she NEVER sits still and eats her meals, i cant even think about taking her shopping on my own cos shes a bloody nightmare, hiding in clothes, asking for things, walking into people, oh i could go on and on! :dohh:

but she was in her nativity play lastweek and was so good, after it we watched her through a window being redressed by her teacher and she just stood there and was dressed in a minute!!!:hissy:

the thing is i also have a 14 year old daughter and remember going through all the same things with her, and i can then remember her growing out of it all and she became like my best little friend and i could take her anywhere with me and was so proud of how good she was!

well she 14 now so shes turned into kevin from kevin and perry so that didnt last either :rofl:

yes yes yes. My 3 1/2 yr old is VERY trying at times. I say black she says white!

OMG mine is doing this now I am dreading twos and threes!

This sounds just like my boy!

It's driving me crazy, he has a real problem with getting dressed and getting undressed to the point when we have to physically pin him down sometimes to dress/undress him or use bribery:blush: Mostly he's a good boy, i guess i should be thankful really, just following on with the ranting.

xx

The 3- 4 was the worst year for my son (to date)

I thought I skipped the terrible 2s with my daughter but she is nbow 3yrs 6mths and a total rat bag at times.

My son is 5 and has just started being a royal pain in the butt again, he went through the same at3 yrs x

My 5yr old has become very sarcastic and answers back since starting school. I cant even watch him in the day, so its ok controling what he hears when I am around but I cant shelter him from kids at school so he comes out with all sorts :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->