30+5 and resenting OH

MissPolley

Mum of one
Reaction score
im hacked off cause im going through all this bloody pain and my OH gets a son (i know i do too) but i just feel bitter that i have to suffer and basically give my body's health up to have a child and he doesnt have to give any part of his body up to have a child...

probs feel differently later on but atm im feeling emotional and just crap cause of SPD and sciatica and vomited this morning cause i caughed so much cause my phlem is so damn thick and i cant shift it for fecking ages.... just grrrrr :finger:

I know it prob doesn't feel like it but he's prob feeling like he can't help, as did be doing wrong :/. But it is really annoying some days :(.

I don't know in your case, but I've been feeling the exact same way the last couple days and last night OH broke down, saying that he felt bad because I'm the one who has to deal with all the bad parts of pregnancy and he can't do anything to make it easier on me.

This is by far my worse pregnancy but yet I still wish my husband none of my pain etc. try to focus on the positive side of pregnancy,especially things that he won't ever get to experience; feeling those kicks, attention from other people, breastfeeding, maternity leave.

Things look easy for your oh at the moment but try to imagine being a partner of a pregnant woman with erratic emotions, aches and pains that you cannot even try to empathise with but who also gets to feel baby kicks in a way no other can, will have months off work to bond with the baby whilst you go back to work & has/will have support and friendship from other mums (unlike many men who don't tend to forge friendships based on their role of father)

Don't get me wrong - I am sure it is normal to feel this way & I'm not trying to make you feel guilty or bad for feeling this way. It sometimes just takes a change in your focus.

H&H pregnancy and birth xx

Totally know this feeling, I hate OH sometimes because he can drink, smoke etc.. not that i want to smoke or have a drink because i've never been a drinker but the sense of all the freedom he has, he don't even have a growing bump that wakes him during the night just to turn over and he can sleep on his tummy still (my favv sleeping poistion aswell) Men bodies should of been designed to do this aswell, argh! LOLOL!

Kick 'em in the balls ;)

Aww hon, don't worry, I have days where hubby gets on m y nerves so much (specially when he decides to stay out drinking after work & doesn't get back until 1am & wakes me up!!).

Maybe try to change your focus as another poster has suggested, remember that he is going to kept awake as much as you when bubs is here & he will have to be working & supporting your family & prob won't feel like he has bonded with baby as much as you either.

I hope things get a little better for you!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->