30 days... No sugar!

Ah Twinks I hope you start feeling less tired! We both need to avoid Starbucks! Lol!

I've got one boy - Culver - and he almost 8 months! I was meant to go back full time when he was 8 weeks and then 4 months and I couldn't leave him so I quit my job as a lawyer! I agree, full time working mammas do it so tough! I will most likely go back part time when he is over a year. I want to TTC ASAP! But still no AF. I'd like a small gap between babies and we are only planning on 2 also.

Today I had:

Oats with apricots and peanut butter
Bean burrito
Rice crackers with Vegemite
Pear
Kiwi fruit
More rice crackers
Cereal
Dinner???? Who knows?? Maybe pasta? I'm so stuck for fast dinner ideas at the moment. I'm so tired by night time as LO is a terrible sleeper. I need more veggies in my life!

X

Breakfast: oats, flax, peanut butter and apricots
Lunch: leftover pasta
Dinner: Thai

Snacks: pear
Dried apricots
Rice cakes with Vegemite
Bowl of cereal

The book I'm reading really encourages green juices and smoothies. I need to get back into them - such a good way to increase fruit and veggie intake!

She suggests this recipe:

Cucumber
Kale
Celery
Apple
Ginger

Shall have to try the veggie drinks Stephie- sounds like a great way to get goodness back into the body and flush toxins out. Yesterday I had:

Weetabix with milk and a chopped banana

Cheese and Tomato sandwich

Jacket potato with cottage cheese and salad for tea
For pudding I slipped up as I'd made bread and butter pudding for my lo and I tasted it and it was so yummy I had a big bowl.

Snacks: apple, orange, raisins and yogurt

I feel like I'm really struggling with the cravings again as AF turned up. Since having had lo my totm is just a nightmare. I get headaches, am in so much pain, feel really tired and the sugar cravings go through the roof! I just can't bring myself to exercise at the min :0( I shall wait a few days and when I feel ok again I'll start up some more exercise. Hope u all are well. Aimee I must to across and read your blog :0) x

Don't feel bad Twinks! You're making progress!

Today hasn't been the best for food. I had a banana pre-workout then 2 bacon, potato, and cheese tacos with lots of salsa for breakfast. Then a few hours later a slice of leftover pizza my mom sent home with me :blush:

I made homemade spaghetti sauce from tomatoes to sauce. It was so much work! Especially skinning then de-seeding the tomatoes! Ugh. Not worth it! Next time I'm going to buy canned diced tomatoes and start from there! So much faster!

Anyways, it tasted good! This is the first homemade spaghetti sauce I've ever had. My family eats almost everything from a box, jar or can (my family as in my mom, dad, and brother... It's how I was raised and taught to "cook" :dohh: ).

Dinner was of course spaghetti! And spaghetti is just not complete without cheesy garlic bread! :)

Dessert is butternut squash!

I find butternut squash to be good to satisfy my sweet cravings. I add a little bit of butter and mash it all up and YUM! Dessert!

Aimee your food for today sounds yummy :0) Love the butternut squash and butter idea I'll try that one :0)

You two are both doing so well! I can't believe the month is almost over!!!

Twinks, I haven't had AF yet but I will be eating chocolate by the boatload. You're definitely allowed to cheat when it's your TOTM! It's interesting you say your AF is worse after having LO. Have you tried taking vitex (chaste tree). I recommend it all the time. Have a look on google. It's a great female herbal tonic - if your cycles are long it helps shortens them, if your cycles are short it helps lengthen them etc. its really good for balancing your system. It's really great! Also because you are veggie your probably not getting loads of omega 3. I'd try add flax oil or flax meal or take algae based DHA. I feel so much better when I get a good omega 3 source. Also cooking with canola oil helps! Sorry if you already know all of this :)

Amy, your food has been great! And homemade pasta sauce is a great effort! I make homemade tomato past sauce all the time but I usually don't bother peeling and deseeding the tomato. If you chop the tomato finely the skin isn't a bother at all. Good on you for trying to break family habits of processed food. It's such an easy trap to fall into - especially when you are time pressured!

Today I had:

Oats, flax and pear porridge
Bean burrito
Couscous with tofu and green pepper
Rice and lentils with veggies and a tahini sauce

Snacks:
Oat cakes
Pear
Kiwi fruit
Starbucks (damn it!)

This month has so inspired me to try and get my act together. Next task - exercise!!! Lol xx

Sooo ... Today I had:

- flax, oat, pear porridge : I'm really starting to enjoy this sans maple syrup!

- leftover rice, lentils, sweet potato and kale

- oat cakes

- baby leftovers (pear, Tofu, bread)
- soy yogurt

Dinner- argh!?! Pasta maybe??

Oh and there is a block of Lindt chocolate in the fridge!!! I don't know if I will be able to resist temptation!

Don't do it!!!

No but really, if there were chocolate in my fridge...oh wait. I would have eaten it already! :haha:

I had the yummiest dinner last night- quinoa with beans in a tomato broth and stir fried veggies. I forgot how much I love quinoa!!

Omg, I just bought quinoa for the first time today and was going to come on here and ask if you ever ate it! So funny!

I'm making it for lunch tomorrow. :)

Sounds good!! I have loads of quinoa recipes. Let me know if you want any!

Today:

Oats, flax, pear porridge

Lunch 1 - bean burrito

Lunch 2 - leftovers from last night

Dinner - Quinoa pasta(!) with sauce made from fresh tomato, onion, sweet potato, carrot and garlic with kidney beans

Snacks- lemon iced tea
Fruit salad

You're doing so well, Stephie! Can you believe it's already the 26th?!

Today I had:
-Banana
-Oatmeal with sausage
-Steak, veggies, and quinoa (which was very good! We'll be having it on a fairly regular basis now!)
Sandwich with salt and pepper chips

Sorry I haven't been online girls its been a hectic few weeks selling our house and trying to look at others. I've found it really hard to get in time for exercise and my eating hasn't been the best but I'm determined to get back on that bandwagon! So today's food so far:

Breakfast weetabix with a banana

Lunch: cheese sandwich and a yogurt

Planned dinner- spaghetti bolognese

Snacks- not sure yet as its towards the end of the day I struggle. Shall just have fruit today though.

You're doing so well girls. I'm still just 4 lbs off ore pregnancy weight but just can't quite get there so need to put more effort into working out! :0)

Almost the end of the month!!!

- oats, soy milk, pear
- beans and rice
- banana x2
- nut and date bar
Dinner??? Not sure yet! I really want Thai!

Amy, I'm loving your fitness journal!

Twinks, good luck selling the house!! Your food sounds great!!

X

Today:

- oats, soy milk, pear
- banana
- nut and date bar
- bean burrito
- veggie green curry
- dried apricots

3 more days until I gorge on chocolate!!! Kidding... X

Yesterday:

- oats, soy milk, blueberries
- banana
- bean soup
- toast
- lentil pasta
- dried apricots

Two days to go!!

Last day and I can say honestly that I feel great! I am planning to continue but maybe not quite so strictly!! I've really rediscovered my love for fruit and DH and I plan to do a morning smoothie soon when his work calms down.

Thanks girls!!! It's been fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->