30 something and TTC #1 for a year

mk8

Reaction score
Hello ladies

Any fellow 30 something year old TTC-ers out there who have been trying for a while? Wanted to see how you ladies are doing and hope that you are feeling optimistic still.

I remember when I first started my TTC quest. Whilst I have heard it can take up to a year, I thought it would happen at the click of my fingers on the basis that most of friends appear to have hit the jackpot the first month they commenced BD. As the cycles have gone on, my moods have gone on a bit of a roller coaster ride. Sometimes, I am hopeful, during the TWW, I have been anxious, when AF arrives, I have been sad. Yet at the same time, I have also been optimistic. I never expected it to have been this tough emotionally. Also, whilst my cycles are 27 days long, the way my period comes has changed since I started TTC. I am having weird brown discharge just before my period (not normal for me). I have also been experiencing pains on both sides at sporadic times (not around the time of ovulation) so went to see the docs. He is concerned it may be something sinister like cancer so admitted me for tests (internal scan and bloods). Results out next week. Typical! All this palava when I want to have a baby!

I am however still trying to remain hopeful. Hope is a good thing right?!

In terms of the practical side of things, I have OPK'd a few months and tried temping. I even tried cough syrup last month for more EWCM. I tried taking preganacare prenatals and a couple of months, I tried vit B6 as my LP wasn't as long as "ideal" (10-12 days). I also tried SMEP for 3 months. But I have chucked all that away this month. I was obssessing and it just stressed me out. SO trying to relax a bit more this month. Here's hoping that my BFP will come out to say hello soon.

Hope you ladies are doing well. WOuld be good to hear your thoughts, game plans and of course success stories to get me through this journey.

Baby dust all. :thumbup:

Welcome and I am sorry that you have had such a struggle. :hugs:

If you find the secret to relaxation, please share it! Lol. I have also notice some differences in my cycle since I started TTC, but to be honest, I might just be more aware of my cycles now. Prior to this, I was on BCP, so i just got a withdrawal bleed when I stopped taking my pills- I never paid too much attention to them.

As hard as it might be, don't think the worst and wait for your test results to come back. I know, easier said than done, lol. Keep us posted! :flower:

Hello ladies

Any fellow 30 something year old TTC-ers out there who have been trying for a while? Wanted to see how you ladies are doing and hope that you are feeling optimistic still.

I remember when I first started my TTC quest. Whilst I have heard it can take up to a year, I thought it would happen at the click of my fingers on the basis that most of friends appear to have hit the jackpot the first month they commenced BD. As the cycles have gone on, my moods have gone on a bit of a roller coaster ride. Sometimes, I am hopeful, during the TWW, I have been anxious, when AF arrives, I have been sad. Yet at the same time, I have also been optimistic. I never expected it to have been this tough emotionally. Also, whilst my cycles are 27 days long, the way my period comes has changed since I started TTC. I am having weird brown discharge just before my period (not normal for me). I have also been experiencing pains on both sides at sporadic times (not around the time of ovulation) so went to see the docs. He is concerned it may be something sinister like cancer so admitted me for tests (internal scan and bloods). Results out next week. Typical! All this palava when I want to have a baby!

I am however still trying to remain hopeful. Hope is a good thing right?!

In terms of the practical side of things, I have OPK'd a few months and tried temping. I even tried cough syrup last month for more EWCM. I tried taking preganacare prenatals and a couple of months, I tried vit B6 as my LP wasn't as long as "ideal" (10-12 days). I also tried SMEP for 3 months. But I have chucked all that away this month. I was obssessing and it just stressed me out. SO trying to relax a bit more this month. Here's hoping that my BFP will come out to say hello soon.

Hope you ladies are doing well. WOuld be good to hear your thoughts, game plans and of course success stories to get me through this journey.

Baby dust all. :thumbup:

Hello,

I will be 28 this fall and have been trying for number 2 for about 5 months. Hard to stay hard to keep my patience.

Hi MK8,

Really sorry to hear you are having a rough time and I hope your tests came back all clear.

I am 33 and TTC no.1, it has been about 7 months since going off bcp and like you I expected to be well and truly pregnant by now but unfortunately my body had different ideas lol. After 3 months off bcp and no sign of af I went to the doctors and it turns out I have PCOS. The PCOS also carries with it insulin resistance and an underactive thyroid.

So the things I am doing to help me on my journey are:
temping
opk's
mum 2 be - multivits
acupuncture
seeing a nutritionist
herbs including agnus castus and milk thistle
exercise
eating loads of pineapple
conceive plus
I also tried a fertility scope but that didn't work for me.

I am trying to bd every second day and every day around ovulation but since I am so irregular that gets to be pretty hard work (easy to do at 23 not so easy at 33 lol).

I think my body tried to o yesterday but haven't had a temp rise yet so looks like it maybe failed boo.

Rdy- havent seen you in ages! hope youre doing ok hun. hang in there! i cant remember what your story is, do you have regular cycles etc?

Mrsbea-hope you are doing OK. out of curiosity, has your gp suggested metaformin or clomid to help TTC? I understand that people with PCOS may be prescribed these meds to assist ovulation. Also, on the thyroid front, have they suggested anything with this? Another pal here on the forums said her docs are thinking of giving her HRT.

Hi, mk8! I'm 31, and we're trying for our first. Been ntnp for a couple of months, and now on cycle 3 of trying in earnest. I've got a few strikes againt me (quite overweight, diabetic, over 30), so I realized going into things that it probably would take some doing. But, of course, I secretly hoped I'd be wrong. ;)

I had a chemical pregnancy last month, which was quite a rollercoaster. It knocked me for such a loop, I realized that I couldn't hold back the fact that we're trying any longer. I'm a person who processes things better by sharing them, and I've been happy with that decision. I'm an open book by my nature.

I'm in the 2ww right now, and trying not to get completely carried away with symptom spotting. The experience of the chemical/early mc has only whet my whistle for a lasting success!

Best wishes to you all!

:dust:

MrsBea, I have an underactive thyroid, and I manage it easily with a synthetic thyroid med (levothyroxine). It's so painless I forget it's an issue!

mk8 - I have an appointment on Tuesday to see where we go from here, once I was diagnosed they said I had to wait 3 months to see if anything happened (nhs)!

For the underactive thyroid my nutritionist has me on sea kelp tablets and this month for the 1st time I have had ewcm so the kelp might be working (underactive thyroid can cause lack of cm).

I am hoping I o'd today and just didn't get a temp drop because I have a few vino's last night but if I didn't then I am going to push for clomid. I am within a healthy bmi so I don't think they will give me metformin but my nutritionist is giving me herbs to regulate my blood sugar.

Rosered - thanks (your thanks button doesn't seem to be there) I will ask my doc on Tuesday about getting onto that. Has that helped with the being cold all the time and the tiredness?

Rosered - thanks (your thanks button doesn't seem to be there) I will ask my doc on Tuesday about getting onto that. Has that helped with the being cold all the time and the tiredness?

It definitely has! I have blood tests every three months for the diabetes, and so they run a thyroid panel as well. My numbers have been normal since beginning to take it. The only slight hassle is that it needs to be taken on an empty stomach, so first thing in the morning. It used to be easy to forget about it, but I'm in the routine now.

rosered - thats great news I will defo ask about it when I am in on Tuesday.

I'm 31 and on 7th cycle ttc#1

Mc last month, devastated but now at least I know I can get pregnant, next time I just need to stay pregnant. Was the happiest woman in the world for 2 whole days!!

Rdy- havent seen you in ages! hope youre doing ok hun. hang in there! i cant remember what your story is, do you have regular cycles etc?

Mrsbea-hope you are doing OK. out of curiosity, has your gp suggested metaformin or clomid to help TTC? I understand that people with PCOS may be prescribed these meds to assist ovulation. Also, on the thyroid front, have they suggested anything with this? Another pal here on the forums said her docs are thinking of giving her HRT.

Mk8,

I've just been trying for around 5 months. Just seems like forever. Hoping this is the month for us both!

rdy

I am 26 but have been trying for 9 months. I know it is frustrating. When the time is right, we will all get our BFP. That's what my husband tells me. Hope it's our month!

hello all

hutchess- sorry to hear you had a mc last month. but you are right, the good news is that you can get pregnant. i hope that this is the month you get another bfp and you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

mrsbea and rosered- you go get those bfps thyroid chicks! rosered, sorry to hear of you mc but fingers crossed you will hold your bouncing baby in your arms soon! question- how does your thyroid issue affect ttc?

kyoun and rdy- hang in there!

outta curiosity, has anybody gone for fertility tests etc?

To be honest, with all my concerns about my weight and blood sugar levels, I haven't given much thought to my thyroid, as it's well controlled my medication at this point, and has been for years. Here is a quick explanation, though:

https://pregnancy.about.com/od/thyroidpregnancy/a/5thyroidandpg.htm

Looks like thyroid function, like all the other bodily systems can become over-taxed and malfunction during pregnancy, even in women without a pre-existing condition. I have blood panels run every 3 months for diabetes anyway, and thyroid function is evaluated in those as well. I'd say that if you don't already, you'll want to ask for a regular reading of thyroid function as well, MrsBea!

I'm 9dpo, trying to hold off testing until 12dpo--feeling so antsy! I had some very promising signs after ovulation, but now they've tapered off, I'm afraid. I did break and buy a cbfm on ebay this month, so I will content myself by knowing that ven if it's a bfn, at least I'll get to put the monitor to good use. :)

stay strong rosered! dont test until later! dont want to disappoint yourself unecessarily with a false negative. :)

I think I have entered the TWW now... not sure... it's CD17 for me and I think I O around CD15-CD17. But I have EWCM today... hmm...

Hey ladies, feeling low so here I am. quite depressed about not having a bfp yet. Real low point.6th month of proper trying. Wondering if somethings wrong and if so, what and can it be fixed. Almost everybody I know got pregnant immediately or in first three months of ttc. I'm trying everything i can, still no baby. Seeing my doctor on Thursday for blood and scan results ( I was suffering from pain). I dpnt know what to expect. If all ok, hurrah, but is it really? Why no bfp then? Sigh.

Oh mk8 sorry your having a low day. This ttc malarky is emotionally draining at times and it is soooo hard when all your friends are pregnant or have kids already.

I know 6 months feels like an eternity but you will get there. Only 60% of people get pregnant in 6 months but 85% get there in 12 months and I am sure you will appreciate it so much for all the effort you put into it, I know I will.

I really hope your tests come back clear, are you temping do you definitely know you are ovulating on the day you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->