• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

30 something and TTC #1 for a year

hey welcome new girls.

hi london. it's interesting a lot of us 30-ishers are on cycle 6. (I am, started Nov 2010).

everyone else who is following my story. I'm calling it boobgate. as in why aren't they hurting yet? unfortunately, when i woke up and got in the shower this morning they had that "heavy" feeling.

im not giving up hope yet. im 12dpo today. I didn't feel any urge to test today. I'd like to wait til Friday. Though easier said than done!

I reallllly want this. Like all of you do :) Fertility friend informed me today that my due date would be 2/16/12. I love it!

good luck everyone - enjoy your Tuesday!

...But anyway, this month I decided to not do ANYTHING differently and to just focus on enjoying BD with my hubby and see what happens (although ironically I'm obviously not completely tuned out because I'm on this site!).

:haha: me too! Decided to take a mental break from ttc for this cycle and just see what happens but am still checking in here everyday (ok, a few times a day, lol :blush:) so not sure it's working!!! With my job this would actually be the worst month to get a bfp because then my mat leave would run into summer holidays next year so I'd miss out on time off...(I'm a teacher) Would be very typical if a :bfp: were to finally arrive this month of ntnp after all those months of trying!! Would still be delighted to see it though!:thumbup:

Please can I join? I am 31 (32 in Dec) and trying for #1 since December 2010. Still no luck although BDing like mad!!!! I have loooong cycles (up to 38 days) so it's a long wait until OV time. This month I'm drinking alcohol when I want and taking B6, Evening primrose oil (I never get EWCM which could be my problem), grapefuit juice (hell, I need all the help I can get!!!), folic acid (have been from the start) and Agnus Castus to regulate OV. Fingers crossed!

BTW, I'm not an alcoholic!!!!! I will just have a bit at weekends if I want!!!!

Girls, I think we need a siggie! I'd offer to make one but I'm not the slightest bit arty! Anyone else?! :D

BTW, I'm not an alcoholic!!!!! I will just have a bit at weekends if I want!!!!

haha I'm doing the same!

welcome Clareybeary!

it's really nice to feel like we're in this together with people in similar situations... I also have long cycles so it's really hard to know when the big O is happening... sigh!

GettingBroody - totally understand about the timing thing and school holidays - the irony is that it seems to strike when you're least expecting it...!

x

Hey girls, so good to see so many of you. Welcome to the new joiners and hello again to the usual crew.

MrsG- you have great willpower to not test! How long is your luteal phase normally? Ohhhh I really hope this is it for you Mrs, I really do.

Gettingbroody, a relaxed approach is good. I have been wondering whether this website fuels my nerves or helps. I absolutely love talking to you ladies but I wonder whether I need a break to just not think about TTC at all. Can't stay away though because I feel you ladies have really helped me during the low days, plus I am keen to see you announce your BFPs! Such a great feeling to see fellow ttc-ers have their dream come true!

Welcome Clarey- you enjoy the things you can enjoy before you get your BFP! I think that's a good approach, just see it as an extra month to drink, eat sushi, do crazy exercise (if you are so inclined) etc.

Londongirl- we are like twins. Heh heh.

I'm off to do more work...swamped at the moment. :( almost 10pm!

Evening Girls,

Welcome Londongirl and Clareybeary.

Londongirl - My mum and sister seem to get pregnant at the drop of a hat as well, my mum had my brother at 40 with no problem (I was 16 and my sister was 19) but it doesn't seem to have been passed on to me unfortunately.
sigh

MrsG - Your still in with a great chance so I have my fingers tightly crossed for you. I feel a bit less sure today myself I am quite crampy, I am 7DPO and this is when the cramps started last month so still hopeful but not sure.

Calreybeary - I am drinking this month as well although not much in the TWW, I did quite a bit of research and it says the cells just feed of the sugars in your body for the 1st 6 weeks anyway so a glass of wine or two here and there won't hurt.

Gettingbroody - I am not very artistic either I am afraid and I wouldn’t even know where to start tbh, hopefully someone on here is though.

Just waiting waiting waiting for me sigh.

Mk8 - must of been typing as you posted, sorry you are having to work so late hun hope its not to stressful.

Hey all. Still hanging in! Ugh I can't wait for this week to be over - I just want to know. Thanks for the support!

I have been wondering whether this website fuels my nerves or helps. I absolutely love talking to you ladies but I wonder whether I need a break to just not think about TTC at all. Can't stay away though because I feel you ladies have really helped me during the low days, plus I am keen to see you announce your BFPs! Such a great feeling to see fellow ttc-ers have their dream come true!

This is exactly how I feel! :thumbup: Im afraid I'll miss something if I take a break!!:haha:

Off to bed now, chat to you all tomorrow! :D

I know just like 30 minutes ago I said I was hanging. Since then Im feeling a little panicky. Bbs are hurting more and I'm feeling crampy Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi girls...I haven't been on this thread in a few days, but I've been peeking in periodically. FX'd for all of you that are so close--these are the most stressful days! AF arrived early for me yesterday--boo!--but I'm feeling ok about it (on to cycle 7). Anyway, I wanted to share this new study FF has done, in case some of you haven't seen it. I found it super encouraging:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Chart-Gallery-Stats-Months-TTC-versus-Age.html

Basically, it gives the average months it takes to conceive by age. You can also search in the chart gallery by age and it will give you the exact number. For my age, 33, the average is 8.2 months, which made me feel sooooo much better. I really think being on this site can give you a warped sense of how long it takes - with all these ladies getting BFPs in the first or second month of trying on 8 DPO, etc. Lucky girls, but definitely not the norm!

Thanks Working! That was really interesting:thumbup: I've never searched the charts before....

morning,that graph was interesting for my age it normally takes around 10 months and im cycle 8 so hopefully soon,i hate waiting to ovulate its soooo boring.xx

Morning. Thanks for the age/graph info. Looks like for me, age 30, 7 months. Which I'll assume means 7 cycles - which I am NEXT month.

This morning I took a test CD 35 (either 12 or 13 dpo) - BFN. Super BFN. No way I could be wrong. I'll admit a tear sprang to my eyes. This is tough.

So sorry MrsG! I can totally relate to the tears. But remember, you can implant as late as 11 or even 12DPO, so it could still be another couple of days before you'd have a positive test. Do you chart? If so, is your temp still high? You're not out until AF arrives, so try to stay positive and hang in there (I always fail at this - I'm always in tears at least a day or two before AF arrives because I'm certain I'm out, so hopefully you'll do better!!) :hugs:

Hi girls...I haven't been on this thread in a few days, but I've been peeking in periodically. FX'd for all of you that are so close--these are the most stressful days! AF arrived early for me yesterday--boo!--but I'm feeling ok about it (on to cycle 7). Anyway, I wanted to share this new study FF has done, in case some of you haven't seen it. I found it super encouraging:

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Chart-Gallery-Stats-Months-TTC-versus-Age.html

Basically, it gives the average months it takes to conceive by age. You can also search in the chart gallery by age and it will give you the exact number. For my age, 33, the average is 8.2 months, which made me feel sooooo much better. I really think being on this site can give you a warped sense of how long it takes - with all these ladies getting BFPs in the first or second month of trying on 8 DPO, etc. Lucky girls, but definitely not the norm!

Thanks for that :flower:. Unfortunately I'm over the average for my age, but not by much! x x

Hello ladies

Workingttc- sorry AF got you. I know it's tough but try to stay positive. On to the next cycle right? Are you going to do anything differently this cycle?

MrsG- I am so sorry honey. I totally understand how tough it is. In fact, I was going to type a message on here saying "I am P***ed off. Life sucks". How terrible eh? That was earlier today. I feel like I have the mood swings of a pregnant woman but none of the benefits! Sigh. I am sorry you got a BFN but here's hoping that your BFP will pay you a visit very soon. Whilst I know it is a real rollercoaster ride, I think we have to try to stay hopeful and remind ourselves that we should be grateful to have our darling hubbys around to spend quality time with in the mean time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"