30 week MW appointment

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
Just back from MW at 30+6. All is well. Baby's HB was 120-125, clearly asleep as I only felt twitches and MW wasn't worried that it was low. My BP was a little low too, 80/50 but again she wasn't worried - at least it's not high! She gave me some Spatone to try to build up my iron and reassured me that my reading of 10.4Hb and 5 ferritin was ok but now is the time to build up iron reserves hence the supplements. My fundal height was 29cm which is pretty much spot on the middle line of my growth curve (at 40 weeks my predicted fundal height is only 37cm). So far I'm still on track for a predicted weight of 8lb4oz.

She had a feel and thought the baby was still transverse but then said she thought she could feel a knee at the side quite low down so unless the baby has enormously long legs I'm not convinced either that it was a knee or that the baby is fully transverse. Anyway, she said they wouldn't worry about the baby's position until 36 weeks and she recommended a birthing ball which I should be getting on Wednesday.

She had no suggestions for my crappy sciatica I know have down my right leg. Booo...

So generally all is good, even though I feel really crappy! I slept ok last night so that's something, though all my joints are suffering as a consequence of not having moved around much.

Glad it went well for the most part. SHame about the back/joint pain it is awful isnt it! I got up from the sofa last night after a weekend of decorating and OUCH...just stood there, couldnt actually lift my leg to move it cause my hips were so sore :(

I have found that the birthing ball really does help with baby's position though so get on it when it arrives!

glad all is well with you and baby ! Apart from the pain ! I have been looking at the birthing balls since my mw recomended them mighu treat myself this weekend !

A girl at aquanatal is lending me one of her birthing balls (she has two!). I hope it's comfy, I'll never be off it, take it to work with me!

My joints are beginning to get towards the insufferable end of the spectrum and now I've the sciatica too it's all a bit much. My sister tells me she still has her sciatica, baby was born in Jan, so that's not good news! I now walk sooooo slowly I didn't think it was possible to and actually still be moving. I can't bend to get my trousers on and off and trying to lace my dog walking boots is becoming very tricky indeed! I'm really feeling the extra weight now, particularly when I go upstairs. How I'll manage two more months of this I don't know!

Glad it went ok, sorry you're in pain though x

Dont even start me on getting dressed! I had to ask my OH to help me put tights on yesterday...oh the shame!

Dont even start me on getting dressed! I had to ask my OH to help me put tights on yesterday...oh the shame!

Tights?! You need to get hold-ups! I can only just manage socks!

Glad all is well - I LOVE my birthing ball!!!! I'm gyrating as I type!!! It helped to change my baby's position from back to back so I'm a big fan!!

x

Glad the appointment went well.

Sorry to hear you've got sciatica,I hope it eases for you. I remember my mum having that with my sister, and she ended up on crutches. :eek: It got that bad. So I know how much pain you're in. :hugs: x

lol, I tried sitting on my yoga ball one night and it was NOT comfy, it was quite painful actually :(

So its still sitting upstairs, I will try again in a week when im desperate to start the eviction process though lol.

Sounds like a good appointment! Glad everything is looking good for you guys.

Glad your appointment went well. I know how you feel being in pain. My Spd kills me and i find it so frustrating as in my mind i've got so much i want to do but my body won't let me. My 3 year old put my socks on for me yesterday! He was very proud to help me!
My birthing ball helps but haven't used it as much as i should!
I've got my D-day next tuesday where i find out if my LO is still breech. Really hope shes moved.

Glad your appointment went well. I know how you feel being in pain. My Spd kills me and i find it so frustrating as in my mind i've got so much i want to do but my body won't let me. My 3 year old put my socks on for me yesterday! He was very proud to help me!
My birthing ball helps but haven't used it as much as i should!
I've got my D-day next tuesday where i find out if my LO is still breech. Really hope shes moved.

Aw, it really sucks doesn't it? I hope your LO moves for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->