30 week scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by soozys1902, Sep 2, 2009.

1. soozys1902

soozys1902 MUM OF 1

Hey girls

I have my 30 week scan in 4 weeks and was wondering what actually happens at my 30 weeks scan at the hospital. Is it like the 20 week or is it more to do with measuring me. sounds like a silly question but midwife hasnt really said about it. I worry to much lol. :blush:

2. polaris

polaris Mother of two

Sorry, can't help as I didn't get a 30 week scan, here the 20 week scan is the last routine scan.

I would say that they will check for the baby's size and position and also check that the placenta is working right. Also if there was anything they weren't sure of on the 20 week scan they will be able to check it out.

3. Maffie

Maffie Guest

Is it a growth scan you have been referred to? What country are you in?

4. sam76

sam76 Mummy to George & Louie

Its just the same as a 20 week, i have had 2, but they check all the sizes more and check everything xxxxxxxxxxxx

5. kyesmummy

kyesmummy Mum of 1 TTC#2

i had a further scan at 27 weeks and im booked for another at 34 weeks. mine are growth scans as my lil man has an enlarged kidney and he is measuring a lil big so they think my dates could be a week out so they are keeping an eye on that too. did they not tell you at your 20 week one why they would want you to come back at 30 weeks? xx