30+ weeks - mucus plugs gone. LONG!

lilliesmummie

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I had intercourse with my OH on saturday, and immediately after i was bleeding heavily.. literally a pool on the floor!
I rushed to hospital and i began getting backache, still bleeding, tightenings in my tummy (me and the midwifes thought i was in pre-term labour..turns out i wasn't..) they kept me and baby on a monitor for four hours, and gave me an internal examination, it hurt with that plastic thing? .. so she just used her fingers.. turns out my cervix was still long, but open and she could feel babys head- so my mucus plug had completely gone! after a while they then moved me up to the labour ward where i would be sleeping for the night. (after shoving a drip in my hand, and giving me a steroid injection to mature babys lungs as i was at risk of labour..) i slept there for the night and they monitored me and baby in the morning .. they gave me another steroid injection and then said it was my decision if i wanted to go home, if i felt well enough, which i did (felt a fraud being in there if im honest?) .. i was still bleeding but it had got thicker which they said meant it was settling down..

anyways, i wrote this because i was shocked at how intercourse had caused my mucus plug to come away! ..
does it stay gone or does a new one come? (silly question probably)
also am i at risk of any infections because i don't have a mucus plug?
any other risks? .. didn't really think to ask this at the hospital..

no intercourse for me and OH for two weeks, but to be honest, if midwifes fingers could touch babys head, wouldn't my OH's .. toger touch her head too?!

sorry it's so long lol! xxxx

your plug will replenish its self and no risk of infection by it not being there its your waters that prevent infections so youll be good :) just keep an eye on the bleeding :-/

Hun read my post today about being only 32 weeks and losing my mucus plug - I am waiting for my hubby to get home cos they want me to go into hospital and they want to check me to make sure everythings ok and stick baby on a monitor. I however have not been bleeding...they are going to use the clear thing up me too - does it really hurt :(

Hun read my post today about being only 32 weeks and losing my mucus plug - I am waiting for my hubby to get home cos they want me to go into hospital and they want to check me to make sure everythings ok and stick baby on a monitor. I however have not been bleeding...they are going to use the clear thing up me too - does it really hurt :(

havent seen it, will have a look now hun!
it really hurt me, but i'm not sure if it was because i was bleeding or because my mucus plug had gone! .. i'm sure you'll be fine, just tell her if it hurts she'll swap to just her fingers.. in the spotlight though :blush: lol.
good luck at the hospital, keep me updated .. hope everythings okay! :hugs:x

Thanks I hope everythings ok with you too. OMG under the spotlight.............I am really small down there and even my hubbys willy hurts me (hes normal size lol and sex has always hurt me all my life so it is just cos I'm extra small...) so I bet it's going to hurt!

Thanks I hope everythings ok with you too. OMG under the spotlight.............I am really small down there and even my hubbys willy hurts me (hes normal size lol and sex has always hurt me all my life so it is just cos I'm extra small...) so I bet it's going to hurt!

thanks hun :)
and i know i'm 'small' down there too.. and sex is usually painful for me too! that plastic thing hurt as soon as she put it in so i just told her and she switched. good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->