31, CD5 Need a buddy

clandara

Reaction score
Hey everyone....I am on CD5 and am 31 years old. My DH and I have been TTC #1 for almost 5 months. I am wondering if there is anyone that is looking to have a buddy? Let's do this together!

Hi Clandara! I am not sure if you want someone in the same cycle time-line as you are, but I am looking for a buddy. I am currently 8dpo, 33 years old, and ttc #1!

Love your avatar image by the way, I have a hummingbird feeder on my back porch that I am in love with. I sit at the table and watch humming birds coming and going constantly!

Good Morning Lysh! I think that would be great to be buddies. How long have you been TTC?
Thank you for the comment on my avatar! I just love birds. That is so nice that you are able to see hummingbirds so often.

We just started ttc. We have been planning for a while though...we were going to start earlier but there was a lot going on, so we decided to wait for summer!

So right now I am just waiting to see what happens! I keep getting mild cramps which is annoying because you never know if it is AF or not!!!

This waiting part is really hard!

I know what you mean. I almost thought I might I have been successful this last month. I normally have a 26 day cycle and am so on time I can pin point the day. This month though I was 5 days late. Talk about stressful...I took two hpt...both negative. Then later that day AF did come. My fingers are crossed for you.
Are you taking any vitamins?

That is cruel to have it 5 days late and then AF comes! Sorry you had to deal with that!

I am taking prenatal vitamins...Natures Bounty. That is all though...how about you?

Usually my cycles were 24-25 days in length. It will be interesting to see how the prometrium (200mg of progesterone supplement) will affect it!

alspals responded to a post I had looking for a buddy so I invited her to join us here. I figure the more the merrier!

So today I am 10dpo and no AF yet. So even if I do not get a BFP, as least the progesterone supplements are doing their job and my luteal phase is getting longer.

How are you doing today?? Now, you are at the beginning of your cycle so you are probably waiting for ovulation.....I decided that when ttc it really is about a lot of waiting! lol

Yes, Patience Patience, Patience, lol. I had not heard of Prometrium before. I have been taking folic acid since hmmm....oh boy, last oct and a B50 complex as well. I will look at some other vitamins today. I sure hope that AF is not on the horizon for you. Wouldn't that be so exciting!
Yes the more the merrier! Alspals is more then welcome as is anyone :).
Hope you are having a fantastic start to your day!

The prometrium is prescribed by my doctor. It has 200mgs of progesterone. Apparently, because my luteal phase is so short, I have lower levels of progesterone in my body which is needed to carry a baby, so this supplements that hormone in case I am lucky enough to get a BFP.

I am about to run out to get books to read to keep by mind busy. Irene is heading our way as a tropical storm (a tropical storm in NY- crazy!) so in case we loose power for days I will need something to keep my mind busy!!!

So if I disappear for a while starting tomorrow it is because I have lost power. If too many of us loose power it could be quite a few days before we get it back.

Hi There, found you in this thread now.
Im not really going with the flow, lol. I am desperate to be pregnant again but dont think my OH is quite so enthusiastic about it as I am. He doesnt know I am using a cfbm yet but im guessing he will find out when I go on holiday with him on Wednesday as I will be poas for the duration.
You never know I might get a holiday baby x

Hi ladies, thanks for letting me join!! My AF just ended yesterday so we are starting today. I keep reading different things about sex everyday vs every other day. Any thoughts? My DH doesn't have any sperm issues as far as we know!

woolls- I am sending baby dust your way....that would be nice to have a holiday baby!

alspals- I wish I had good advice, but honestly, I have heard different opinions too. Personally, if I did not conceive this time around, for the next cycle we will try every other day leading up to ovulation and then everyday around ovulation (day before, day of, and day after). That is if we have the energy!!! lol

Yeah, I've heard all of the above too....my guess is it doesn't really matter and it's all luck anyways! What is frustarting to me is I can't figure out when I am going to ovulate because I went off the pill and got pregnant right away. Then after my m/c it took 32 days to get AF, so I don't know if that's normal or long (I assume not short). So, I don;t know when I am going to ovulate and I don't want to track because that will make me crazy I think! Any ideas or thoughts?

It took me a while after birth control to have any normalcy to my cycle, so I feel your pain. Maybe pay close attention to your body symptoms? My ovulation symptoms vary month to month, but the one thing that stays the same is **Okay TMI coming up*** the amount of vaginal mucus. Typically, when a body is preparing to ovulate we get a decent amount of clear mucus that resembles egg-whites. I really notice it the day before ovulation. You can try to look for that sign. If all else fails, if you did not want to track daily through BBT, maybe try an ovulation predictor kit. I get cheaper ones off of amazon. Some people like them, others hate them. I find they work just fine for me.

But I suggest that you start by looking for that sticky, egg-like mucus. When you notice it, make sure you are 'getting it on'! lol

Hahaha thanks! That's great advice. I am going to just pay attention to my body and get it on everyday or every other day and cross mine and dh toes fingers and etc. How r u feeling? When is your test date?

I am feeling okay today....less prominent cramps, but still there a little bit. My test date is going to be August 31st if I do not get AF. By then it will be 14 dpo. It is hard not to want to start testing today!

The waiting is the hardest part for sure but just remember...you can totally do it!! It's worth the wait and it's only 4 days. :)

Welcome Woolls and alspals....Hope you are both well!
Lysh - Please be safe with that weather approaching!

I too was on bc for several years but stopped it Nov 26 of last year. Not sure what the repercussions will be. I like to think that I am quite in tune with my body, knowing when I ovulate, etc... but we are still TTC #1.

Lysh - it really is a difficult thing for me to not give in to the test. I get so disappointed when I see a BFN come up. You can do it though! Alspals right.....only 4 days :)

Waiting to test is so excruciating, but so worth it. I find it so disappointing to get the BFN that it is just worth it to wait. Also, for me on my last cycle, I got a faint BFP then the day after a BFN so I learned my lesson....never want to know about a chemical ever again! How you all holding up?

I am doing okay....it looks like Irene went through with minimal damage...lots of flooding in our area, but our little home is okay! We were lucky enough not to loose power. Now as far as babies....well, I am still not sure if AF is coming or not. I had a little bit of bleeding this morning and I do feel period-like cramps. I have a feeling AF is coming. :nope:

I agree with you Alspals, I am afraid to test too early, see a BFP and then have it disappear or get AF. I would rather wait then go through that emotional disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->