31 months and still breastfeeding

abstersmum

Reaction score
As the title says my dd is 31 months and still going, however I am starting to feel like its time to stop, she doesn't do it often and it's mainly a comfort thing, if I'm not there she goes fine without. When I started breastfeeding I found it extremely hard and didn't think I would make the week, I was one of those mums that sits crying in pain desperately trying to feed her baby and that's why I can't believe I'm still breastfeeding now I don't know anyone else that has done it this long so really my question is has anyone and how did you gently wean x

I nursed Evie until she was 33 months but ours seemed like a different set up. Evie was very much attached so I weaned her over a 6 month period (restricting to the bedroom, tried to cut down the actual number of times, cut 1 side off) then finally we traded boobs for a scooter and to my shock it worked with no tears! Hope weaning goes smoothly for you x

Not quite in the same situation, but just wondered why it 'just' being comfort is a problem? Isaac feeds once a day at bedtime usually, but on days when he's just overwhelmed or miserable, BFing him is a massive calm down, and I'd be a bit lost without it sometimes. I think comfort for a toddler is more important than nutrition tbh. I'm pregnant again, so I think he's dry nursing now for the second time. He's not latching long and feeds are over quickly, but I can still feel him relax into me.

I'd imagine if she's really not interested in it anymore, then a few days of don't offer don't refuse, followed by a few days of making her wait, followed by gradually cutting it out altogether would probably work.

Whatever you decide, hope it's an easy process for you both :flower:

I have been not offering not refusing for 6 months I don't mind too much but when we are out I don't like being grabbed at with my dd screaming boobie x

That's fair enough! I wouldn't like that either. I've never let Isaac grab at me or pull my clothes, so he knows he doesn't get anything by doing that. I think if you want to continue, setting some boundaries is certainly an idea. Do you wear high cut tops? Out of sight, out of mind, maybe?

just wanted to say congrats on making it to the 31 month mark :flower:

just wanted to say congrats on making it to the 31 month mark :flower:

Thanks like I said its not been easy and I wanted to give up every hour for the first few months but I'm so happy I didn't x

Wow congratulations on making it so far!

We are a year behind and my 21 month is stil breastfeeding like constantly! Food, comfort, out of boredom, sleeping you name it.

I really want to stop as we are approaching two years and I didn't even plan to go pass 6 months!

Anyways it's seems it will be easier stopping your LO as mine relies on it for basically everything right now :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->