31 weeks - 5lbs.

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
So ive just been to my appt and im 31w2days but my baby is weighing around 5lbs and measuring about 34-35weeks...

Im having my GTT test for gestinational diabetes in the morning as i'd not yet had it.
Does anyone know what i can expect if it is GD?

and if its not.. what could it be? x

Hey hun, I don't no anything about GD myself but one of my close friends is pregnant at the moment, Just 4 days behind me infact but she is been induced on Saturday due to GD. Like I say I don't no much about it at all, Her little one is on the big side that is why she's getting induced a little early, Her little one is all healthy though :)

Sorry I couldn't be of much help xx

I am not that far off your measurements. When I was 31 +2 they told me on my scan that BoB is weighing approximately 4lb4oz (77th percentile), and they say that they should gain 1/2lb a week now. I have had the GTT and had normal results.

I am not that far off your measurements. When I was 31 +2 they told me on my scan that BoB is weighing approximately 4lb4oz (77th percentile), and they say that they should gain 1/2lb a week now. I have had the GTT and had normal results.

Thanks, have they said anything to you regarding being a big baby?
as in - are you still having a normal birth- going to full term etc?
x

They were happy with the growth, it has been consistent throughout. I have another scan at almost 36 weeks. Its within the 'normal range' altho on the upper end (obviously). They have said that there is no reason to not have a natural birth (if circumstances are favourable). However, due to my bad history my consultant is not willing to let me go overdue, this is not due to size of baby, but my previous pregnancy history, and will be inducing me on my due date if i do not go into labour naturally before this.

Hello :D Try not to panic too much, a lot of people get told estimates for their babies and they often turn out to be wrong. Some people get told they are going to have a 10lb baby and it comes out at 6lbs lol!

At the end of the day it is just an estimate so try not to worry :)

thanks :) its just they measured him and basically all over he is measuring around 34-35 weeks..
x
Hello :D Try not to panic too much, a lot of people get told estimates for their babies and they often turn out to be wrong. Some people get told they are going to have a 10lb baby and it comes out at 6lbs lol!

At the end of the day it is just an estimate so try not to worry :)

I had my GTT on Weds and havent heard anything - guess im just having a BIG baby!

I had a u/s on thursday and I was 32+2 and they told me my babe is measuring 34+2 and weighs around 5lbs 4 oz. I had that GTT test and it came back on the border and have to go back for the 2 hour test.

I had the GTT 3 hour test tomorrow so just awaiting for my results tomorrow!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"