32w4d?

XoXo

Reaction score
Okay, before I begin I should probably warn you that this post will be decently long and I don't mean to sound like someone who never trusts their doctor but...

My doctor (the only one I could get in to see in my very small town) turned me away until I was 14 weeks pregnant (because I couldn't pay at the time). She then did an ultrasound in her office on a very small crappy machine. She said I was 14 weeks and 1 day according to my last period so she would go with that. She didn't measure the baby and when I told her that my last period wasn't a period, it was just clear discharge with a few red streaks in it for about 2 days (they usually last 14-16 days and are very heavy). She told me it didn't matter, that it was the last time I bled so she was counting it. I went to get another ultrasound at 19 weeks and 6 days, the ultrasound tech said everything was good and I asked to see (please forgive me, I don't know what it's called) the lines they match up on the machine to see if they're on the right track. He was an inch above where he was supposed to be on the chart, she said that he's probably just big and sent me on my way. I asked my doctor if I could have another ultrasound because my medical insurance pays for 2 through out the pregnancy. She said no because she counted her in office one as one of the ones in the hospital. So I have good reason to believe I'm further along than my doctor says. The baby has already dropped as of 29 weeks, I started leaking at about 25 weeks, my "period" was off, and I got a positive pregnancy test before it started. So as of now I'm due on July 27th. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Were you further along than your doctor said? If so, by how many weeks/days?

That's really odd that they've been like that.. Although if there was anything to worry about they would have said.

Not really sure what to say.. But didn't want to read and run! Are u in America or UK?

Xxx

:shrug: Sounds like a strange situation I can't believe nobody is listening to you. I know it may be a financial burden but have you thought of switching doctors...From your description it sounds like you might be in the USA (insurance issues). Maybe you could try going to a clinic or planned parenthood (they make you pay but on a scale according to your means). Just an idea. I would want to know exactly how far along I was because it becomes important at the end. Good luck.

America. And my doctor is a spaz. I had to remind her to give me a glucose screening test, my second ultrasound, and I have to ask for the results of everything. She rushes everyone out in 10 minutes and when she's done with your questions she talks over you until you leave. When I go in now she measures my fundus and listens to the heart beat for about 30 seconds then tells me to come back in 2 weeks. I think she does it because she knows that she can get away with it.

I would like to, but the closest planned parenthood is well over 2 hours away from where I live. I have no choice but to go to her because her office is across the street from my appartment. I wanted to go to one in Corbin but it's an hour drive from where I live and I don't have a ride. I don't mean to be a whiney bag about it, I just feel like I deserve her time. They do it at the hospital too, if you're not in labor they really don't care, they blamed me having an upper respritory infection on being pregnant and offered me something for morning sickness that I wasn't having. Someone really needs to say something to her, everyone I know that's gone to her said she's done them like that too. She also calls in with a migrane for almost every late night/early morning delivery. So who ever is her patient gets stuck with who ever is on call. You go on her time..Total power trip.

I would definately suggest changing if docs, or going to a clinic if you can't afford a new doc. She is being very unprofessional. She should know from your fundal height if the dates are in range, but maybe she's just writing them down and not even looking it up! I changed docs fairly late, in 2nd tri, and am sooooo glad I did, it made a world of difference.

Go in and get your medical records from her office (you can do this, they are YOUR records) and take them to a new doc!

I was going to do that at 26 weeks but she wanted me to take my records first then see if another doctor could take me. They won't transfer me now, because I'm 32 weeks, cut off is 28. I should have done it but if the other ones were booked then I would have been stuck without a doctor. I thought it would have been easier to go into the hospital in labor and get who ever was on call then try to explain to them why I don't have a doctor and how long I've been without one.

I definitely agree...change docs...I wouldn't want her delivering my baby seeing as she's already unprofessional. It super important that your doctor listen to you and your concerns without brushing you off.

Can you change within your insurance? I just got a new doctor now and got the recommendation from my GP who is great...get recommendations from people you trust...friends, family, your other doctors.

Also midwife births at birthing centers are much cheaper than hospital/doctor births in the USA...you should investigate birthing centers in your area for sure and set up an appointment...it's cheaper for you and the insurance companies.

I'm sorry to sound like such a sourpuss. I just get really frustrated. It's like everything is going great, and then I get hit with every stressful thing I can think of in less than an hour. It makes me want to pull my hair out. I'm sure everyone on this site knows how that feels though.

I was going to do that at 26 weeks but she wanted me to take my records first then see if another doctor could take me. They won't transfer me now, because I'm 32 weeks, cut off is 28. I should have done it but if the other ones were booked then I would have been stuck without a doctor. I thought it would have been easier to go into the hospital in labor and get who ever was on call then try to explain to them why I don't have a doctor and how long I've been without one.

Another option is to just get a "copy" of all your records, they have to give you this as well. That way maybe you could explain your situation to a hospital doc or other doc and see if they will tell you if you are getting good care, without really switching. Also, with your own records, you could look up the fundal measurements, etc. online and at least get an idea if you are measuring to date.

Thanks everyone :). I have an appointment on Wednesday so I will be getting a copy. I'll keep you guys updated if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->