33wks baby still breech

Hehe! Erin used to try and sleep like that once she was born, as soon as we undressed her, her legs would try and go back in front of her face again :haha:
I hope she turns for you. x

Thanks hun! That is so cute! So how did your breech delivery go? I had no idea that they let you do that! Complications attached? Or straight forward?

It was pretty straight forward really, I went into labour my scheduled c-section date and although they offered me an attempt at an ECV, I didn't have enough liquor. She was fairly small and I the hospital I delivered at have a consultant experienced in breech deliveries so I was allowed to attempt a vaginally delivery with a c-section if I didn't progress.
I dilated fairly quickly (from 1cm to 10cm in 5 hours) and only 30 mins of pushing. Her body was out for about 7 mins before her head!

If they try to move baby themselves are there risks involved? just don't like the idea of traumatising little one by forcing her into a position that she doesn't want to be in. I've read a few stories of umbilical cord could've wrapped itself round the neck had some women done this......I wouldn't like to be forced into a position any advice on that? (As i'm 34 weeks i'm hoping i've still got a few weeks yet!) x

They told me there is a 1 in 10,000 chance of baby becoming distressed during ECV and if that happened they would deliver immediately by emergency CS. They had me hooked up to a monitor for over an hour before the consultant came, to monitor baby's heartbeat and it's only if it is stable that they proceed to ECV. They also ensure a theatre is ready just in case. The consultant reassured me however that it is very rare and doesn't even happen once every 5 years at the hospital I was at (a large teaching hospital). If they attempt ECV they then monitor baby for some time again afterwards to ensure it settles ok.

They didn't mention any risks regarding the umbilical cord - I suppose this could get wrapped round baby's neck anyway.

My baby was breech until 36 weeks. The midwife felt her at 35+4 and she was definitely breech, so sent me for a growth scan at 36 weeks and she'd turned round and started to engage so don't panic! There's still plenty of time!

Thanks laws thats very reassuring and thank you sw thats good information to know!! Will let you know how mw appt goes tomoz but i'd be very surprised if shes moved. Would I know?

I've got a growth scan next week and I'll be 36 weeks...my little girl just seems very stubborn and doesn't want to move. I wish she would as it's so bloody uncomfortable having her head up in my ribs. Like some of the other ladies my littlen has her legs up in front of her face which makes me giggle thinking about it. I have been talking a lot with my partner and we definitely won't be trying the ECV if she doesn't turn herself.

If this is the position she likes to be in, then I'm not going to force her to be in a different one, people can't say that your choosing the "easy option" by having a c-section as the recovery afterwards is obviously a lot worse than vaginal delivery. Yes I'd love to be up and about within no time by having a natural birth but I'm getting used to the idea of having a c-section now and thats it. If she turns round last minute then hoorahhh! but I'm not betting on it lol xx

Update from mw appt....still breech with legs extended :(
Have another appt in ten days to see if there's any change so that's quite a long time so please ladies have fingers crossed for us!
If no joy will have scan, possible talk about them moving it then c section as last resort. Was advised to crawl on all fours on elbows n knees and get bum up high or wash skirting boards! Acupuncture? Or some smoke thing (can't remember what it's called).

My baby girl was breech and I ended up with a section after a failed ecv. I have a feeling this baby is breech too as I have the same pains as I did with her and a very hard bump pushing out at my upper tummy. All kicks and such are down low and I can't feel any significant body parts down low.

This is my 6th pregnancy but 4th child and I'm wondering if that is why. I have a growth scan at 29 weeks and my vbac apt so will learn more then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->