33yrs old TTC #1 for 9 months - this month CD 28 / 9 - 10 DPO BFN

Amy333

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am feeling really down in the dumps today as I have just done a HPT and received another BFN on CD28 / 10DPO (I have long cycles 32-33 days). I have been TTC for 9 months and each month it is getting more heartbreaking and depressing - especially as I get older (my 33rd birthday was yesterday). Many of my friends have children in primary school and my best friend is due with her first in 2 weeks (we started TTC around the same time). All I have ever wanted to be is a mum - but it took me a long time to find someone to have a family with.

I have tested positive on a pregnancy test once in the past about 12 months ago, but it turned out to be a chemical pregnancy and I got my period a few days late. With the chemical pregnancy - I tested positive on CD28, which is why I feel like there is no hope for this month.

I'm feeling pretty alone on this journey as all my close friends have babies and children so I would love some TTC buddies to share my ups and downs, symptoms, HPT results etc.

This month I was particularly hopeful as I started having sore breasts from ovulation (and still have sore boobs). Usually they start getting sore about a week before my period. But every month there is some slightly different symptom to make me believe I could be pregnant - which so far, has always resulted in multiple BFNs and AF :(

I am sorry you are having a hard TTC journey. The negative tests can be so hard each month, matched with birth and pregnancy announcements it can be really hard. I find that and we are on cycle 5 TTC#2 (although 4 really trying-BBT, ovulation tests, etc) so can’t imagine at month 9. That being said, people say to me on average it takes 7 months for most couples so it’s not completely abnormal. But I get it, I hate that statistic as I still think if you’re doing it at the right time and you’re doing everything right then it should be happening!

We got told we would find it hard TTC naturally but conceived our first almost straight away and expected the same but now I’m thinking we were just unbelievably lucky and this will be a long journey. The monthly ups and downs are horrendous. The symptom spotting, the hope and the disappointment.

Have you been to get any medical advice yet?

I hope you get you’re BFP soon but feel free to vent in the mean time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->