34 + 4 and very worried !

jodieappmat

Reaction score
hi all!
im jodie, not posted on here before But been reading all your great posts since I found out I was pregnant, as this is my first baby I have just been reading, reading and reading
All your posts/replies have helped me so much!

Now I am 34+4, and having terrible cramps in my stomach (almost like a bad period pain), milky white discharge, stabbing pain in my vagina, lots of pressure down below and back pain. I had my 34 week mw appointment on Monday and she said he’s 3/5 engaged???

I was awake from 2:30am today with the above symptoms, last time I had the stomach cramp at around 30 weeks triage told me it was Braxton hicks so im hoping this is the same, has anyone else experienced this ?

Why don't you give the hospital a ring? They will know what's best for you xx

i had alot of pulling pains in my last pregnancy, and they put it down to muscles stretching and pulling, if your really worried ring triage or mw and they will have a look at it, if you were going into labour you'd know about it, they'd be alot stronger and painful.

braxton hix hurt me sometimes and they effect everyone differently. my friend was in agony one night with them convinced it was labour, she got out of bed and walked a little bit and they went, spose its like cramp in a leg muscle,
i'm rambling now :haha:
xx

ive been exactly the same. My baby is head down but not engaged yet so MW as out it down to stretching and pressure pains x

if your worried hun id get to the docs just to get checked over xx

Anytime your worried hun dont do it silently. Call your midwife and let her reasure you. Im sure its all normal but the worring will make you feel worse.

thank you all for your replies, im going to call triage i think.
just puts me off because last time i called them they told me to go straight down and then a midwife spoke to me like i was really silly !! best to be safe than sorry though x
thank you all x

Im 31 weeks and felt exactly the same last week. Turned out to be thrush. They told me to come straight down aswell. The midwives were lovely, shame the same can't be said about the doctor.

Just call and go down. Its their job to make sure your ok...

Hope all is well x

I went to the pregnancy day unit at the hospital last mon with pretty much the same as you, Jodie. I was 34 wks at the time too. They checked to see if my waters were leaking but it turned out to be a bad case of thrush and the cramps were just one of life's mysteries as it disappeared! However, I'd lost 3cm off my bump so they did a growth scan as well. By the way, 3/5 just means your baby has started to engage but the midwife can still feel 3 fifths of the head above your pelvis so there's quite a way to go yet. Good luck!

Am a few weeks further along than you but am having very similar symptoms - went to ante natal clinic yesterday and my LO is also 3/5. Doc was pretty unconcerned by what I was telling him and didn't tell me to expect her to arrive any sooner. It is uncomfortable and scary at times though so I understand you being worried. Some of my BH take my breath away :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->