34 Week appt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Dottie, Oct 9, 2008.

  1. Dottie

    Dottie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2008
    Messages:
    147
    Likes Received:
    0
    Had 34 week appt today naughty baby is still breech and because of the postion it is in and the bump is so tight midwife doesn't think there is much chance of it turning. MW said that they will wait untill 37 weeks before doing another scan to confirm but my options are turn the baby, C Section or V birth of a breech baby the last of which she wouldn't recommend as its my first and I dont really fancy that anyway.

    Think I want to go striaght for a C section and not have baby turned

    Any one got any experiences of this ? / advice ?
     
  2. ryder

    ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2008
    Messages:
    31,678
    Likes Received:
    0
    Dont have any advice for you! Sorry...

    Too bad your baby is breech though :( :hugs:
     
  3. Jem

    Jem Mummy of 2

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2008
    Messages:
    4,439
    Likes Received:
    0
    My first was an undiagnosed breech so I had her naturally. I personally wouldn't recommend a vaginal delivery (but that's my opinion alone) cos although I was fine, the doctor dislocated my daughters hip on the way out but they didn't realise till she was 6 months despite scanning for it. That's another story though but I know if I had the choice again I wouldn't do breech naturally x
     
  4. MrsP

    MrsP Mummy to Eleanor & Henry

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2008
    Messages:
    4,204
    Likes Received:
    0
    Still plenty of time, if you speak to Merves mum, I think there was a website that she found some good tips and exercises on and Ann-Marie baby turned last minute, so there is still hope. x x
     
  5. jobee2222

    jobee2222 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    Messages:
    420
    Likes Received:
    0
    Having the same problem however i'm 36 weeks and 4 days. Had to see a doctor today and went through my options. I also wasn't comfortable with having the ecv because of the low success rate and complications. I opted for an elective c-section as it seems to be the best thing for my baby. I was born breech and my mum had a vaginal birth however with so few doctors acxtually qualified to help give birth to breech babies i would strongly recommend the c-section. I've done my research and feel i've made the right decision. However, it is your choice. Hope all goes well.
     
  6. Vickie

    Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2007
    Messages:
    91,523
    Likes Received:
    3
    Still plenty of time for baby to turn :hugs:
     
  7. ellasmummy

    ellasmummy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1,062
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hope baby turns for you! If not then good luck on whatever desicion you make :hugs:

    xx
     
  8. Hoping

    Hoping Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1,760
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sorry no, but ingers crossed that bubs finds room to turn!
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice