34 weekers

mapha2

mother of 2
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I need some help, I recently noticed decreased movements with my little one which I immediately mentioned to my OB and I was given steroids and iv fluid for incase I deliver. Now my OB is not happy with the heart rate as well and wants to deliver the baby 2moro via c section at 34+4 as he says he does not want to put the baby under stress if I have a normal delivery.
I guess my question is how did your 34 weekers do? How long did they stay in nicu? Tia

Didn't want to read and run but I want to wish you good luck for a safe deliver and a happy and healthy baby. I hope someone can answer your questions

My ds was born at 35 weeks, he had two weeks in special care with help to breathe and eat which was hard but two years in you would never know! All the best for tomorrow xx

I don't really have any direct experience of this but my friend works in a neo-natal unit and I remember aaaages ago, like long before I was 34 weeks, she told me if I were to deliver the baby would be fine! Obviously there's always the risk of complications but they know what they're doing.

So they're only delivering you early because of reduced movements???

Also my aunt delivered twins by emergency C section at 31 weeks and they were fine. They had to stay in hospital for 6 weeks but no problems :)

I don't really have any direct experience of this but my friend works in a neo-natal unit and I remember aaaages ago, like long before I was 34 weeks, she told me if I were to deliver the baby would be fine! Obviously there's always the risk of complications but they know what they're doing.

So they're only delivering you early because of reduced movements???

Hi, reduced movements and heart rate droppin. Thank you

His heart rate ranges between 95-120, OB not happy regarding the drop. I've been monitored since wednesday and also given steroids

My lo was born at 34+5 weighing 5lbs 1oz.
She had no issues at all but she did stay in scbu as a feeder/grower for 2 weeks.
She's now 22 months 26.5lb met all her milestones on time, is a great eater and excellent talker.

My little sister was born at 34 weeks, 16 years ago. No steroids or anything given. (Ruptured placenta was the reason for such a quick, early delivery)

She was fine. Kept in for two weeks because she wouldn't suck, her feeds had to be syringe. Other than that, not a single issue.

My daughter was born at 35+3 - no steroids or anything and we were out after 3 days :) x

My dd was born at 34 weeks 5 days due to my preeclampsia. She spent 16 long days in the nicu while she learned to suck and swallow. She had a feeding tube in her nose at the time. Now 15 months later she's fabulous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->