34 years young - TTC #1

Ask4joy

Reaction score
Wondering if there are any other ladies on here in your early-mid 30s TTC #1 and taking longer than hoped/expected? Or anyone with an encouraging story? We are on our 12th cycle TTC. All tests are normal. DH has 2 children from his previous marriage (ages 12 and 14). We are planning to start IUI sometime in the next few months but are really hoping for a natural BFP before that! Being 34 I kinda feel like I'm in this "in between" category. Not "over 35" but certainly not as fertile as the 20-somethings. Would love to have some buddies in the same boat or hear from women who had a similar experience!

I just turned 34 10 days ago. TTC number 1 here.

Happy belated birthday! My husband is an Aquarius. Good people! ;)

Hoping 2017 brings us both a BFP! How long have you been ttc? Any intervention? I did 3 cycles of clomid to no avail aside from hot flashes and mood swings!

I've been trying almost 2 years... Had one odd miscarriage- no treatments or meds. I ovulate fine ... My guys lack of sex drive is the major issue

Had my son at 34 took 1 yr 3 months last 3 mnths i took.red clover blossom. 37 now ttc no 2 trying exactly 2 yrs 1 month

Thanks for sharing, Ms Sunshine. What is red clover blossom supposed to do?

I'm turning 32 in June. I had a miscarriage September 2017 when we weren't even "trying" (we were happy, nevertheless), so I'm still trying for my first.
Hi. :)

Red clover is a herb that was recommended to me and you can use it even if you have no fertility problems as it cleanses ur body and boosts fertility. Makes you more regular my bbt temps post o are much higher using it than when i use it. U can use it if u have pcos and scaring as well. I have used it a few times ttc no 2 but ended in losses. Back using it again now so fingers are xd. I have bought the stuff to make the tea next cycle its apparently more potent but been taking the capsules. Am hoping it tastes better than raspberry leaf tea which is pretty bad lol

Thanks for the info ms sunshine. I'm thinking of starting acupuncture next cycle and will see what the acupuncturist recommends. Right now I'm taking a lot of stuff...vitex, omega 3 fish oil, prenatal, coq10, evening primrose oil, and myo-inositol.

Welcome ebauerhaus! So sorry about your miscarriage. I had a CP in June after only 2 months of ttc. Expected to get a BFP again soon after but nada in the last 8 months.

Hi! I'm 33 and TTC for #1. Really excited and it's nice to know I'm not alone.

Thanks for the info ms sunshine. I'm thinking of starting acupuncture next cycle and will see what the acupuncturist recommends. Right now I'm taking a lot of stuff...vitex, omega 3 fish oil, prenatal, coq10, evening primrose oil, and myo-inositol.

Welcome ebauerhaus! So sorry about your miscarriage. I had a CP in June after only 2 months of ttc. Expected to get a BFP again soon after but nada in the last 8 months.

Thanks, Ask4joy.
I guess I also thought the same thing, since I got pregnant while we weren't even trying it seemed like it'd be easy afterward.
I've also been working on losing weight as I was nearly 220lbs when I was going to my doctors appt. for my first pregnancy (which at 5'9" put me in the "obese" category) and I was for some reason worried that it was my weight that caused the miscarriage... as I'm sure everyone who has a miscarriage tends to suspect it was somehow their fault.

Anyway, I've lost 20lbs so far and TTC #1 at the same time. Hoping that won't mess up my cycles in anyway. Hasn't seemed to as of yet. I'm hoping this is my month. And I have the same hope for all of you.

I'm trying to spend more time praying about it than worrying about it all.

Congrats on the weight loss! I've lost 7 pounds in the last month and a half. Not overweight but I gained 15 pounds in a year and a half and was on the verge of being overweight. My clothes are starting to fit better and I'm feeling better about myself in general.

I'm so ready to have this ttc over with and to never look back!

Good for you catching the weight gain so quickly. I'm terrible at noticing weight gain in myself if I don't weigh often!

But, yeah! Me, too, on the ttc front! I'll be taking a test on Saturday or Sunday, which will put me right around when AF is expected to start on 13/14 dpo.

Hi can I join this forum
I'm turning 32 this August..Had a chemical pregnancy last June..Have finished 3 cycles of clomid and now am 15dpo..Had a bfn today morning

Hi Waitin! So sorry to hear about your CP. :hug: I just had a CP this week and had another one last June. I'm doing clomid + IUI + progesterone suppositories this cycle. I hope you get your BFP soon! Are you on clomid for pcos or unexplained infertility?

I am 34 and still trying to Conceive #1. We have been trying for 4 years. We struggled with infertility but after I started acupuncture, I was started to get pregnant more easily. Unfortunately all ended in miscarriage. I have had 3 miscarriages (one confirmed with chromosomal issues). I have now started myself on Coq10.

Askjoy or anyone else using coq10 how much did/do you take daily? Did you have any side effects as a result of the CoQ10?

Hi! I am sorry to hear about your losses. I take 100 (mg?) of xoq10 ubiquitol (not ubiquinol as it is less potent). No side effects for me or DH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->