35 and new to LTTTC #2

txbiscuit

Secondary Infertility
Reaction score
This section of the forums seems to be pretty quiet, but I figured I'd try posting here since this is probably the most appropriate place for me.

We've been TTC #2 for about a year, since our daughter was about 19 months old. (We originally thought we'd have our kids about 2.5 years apart. Ha!) After 10 months of no luck (except for one possible chemical pregnancy), I went for a fertility workup and found out I wasn't ovulating. I started a round of Clomid in June, which resulted in a pregnancy, but that sadly ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks. My OB/GYN practice said they really don't know what else to do with me, and referred me to a fertility clinic. So I guess that's my next step.

I'll be turning 36 at the end of the year, so the clock is ticking. Anyone else in a similar position? None of my friends or family have ever really faced secondary infertility, so I feel sort of lonely. I'd love to have a buddy (or several).

I'm dealing with it as well. (I'm also new to this posting thing, just joined yesterday.) We have been trying for number 3 for 2 years. We tried for a year and a half for #2. I ended up taking Clomid for 6 months and got pregnant. I hope you have the same luck. :) I have the same issue as far as not ovulating and PCOS. You are def not alone. It is difficult talking to others about it, because even those who mean well, don't understand the frustration and blame we put on ourselves.

Welcome to the forum treyken3! I'm sorry we're here for the same reason, but I'm glad to have company. Will you try Clomid again? I'm not sure if the fertility center will prescribe it to me, but I hope they will. It did help me ovulate.

I will be trying it again. My husband and I decided when we started trying 2 years ago that we were going to try without medication and if it was meant to be, it would happen. We have reached the breaking point though and I will be getting back on it after my next appointment.

I hope it works quickly for you this time. I responded really well to it (I had four mature follicles) so I'm hoping if I take it again, we'll catch a healthy egg this time. The fertility clinic I'm going to recommends DHEA and Co-Q10 for their IVF patients, so I might try those while I wait for my appointment. (We aren't going to have IVF, but I figure the supplements probably won't hurt.)

Sorry for your loss. I am 42 ttc #4. I have low amh and slightly elevated fsh, but have been taking supplements to help improve,. I had a cp in May. I just finished my first cycle of clomid, I responded well (2 mature follicles and 1 almost at cd12 scan) but progesterone cd 23 levels says I didn't ovulate, so now I m patiently waiting for af toarrive, im currently cd31, so that I can get a scan between cd 1-3 to check for cyst and if everything is ok , I can start clomid again, but this time with a trigger. Baby dust to all of us!!!

Welcome BABYBOUND2015. I hope AF will arrive for you soon. I've read about Clomid + trigger and it sounds like a really promising option. Will your doctor give you progesterone to start your cycle if it takes too long to get here?

Hi txbiscuit!

We're just now at the 1 year mark trying to conceive our second. We were NTNP until we did get pregnant with our second, but that ended in miscarriage about a year ago now. I can't believe it's already been that long, but it also seems like we've been trying for forever!

We have our first appointment coming up in a week in a half. I know I ovulate so no real clue as to what our issues will be.

Your situation sounds really promising since you respond well to Clomid. Fingers crossed it won't be much longer for you!

Hello. Please can I join we have been ttc2 for almost a year. I have. Dr appointment next week as I am concerned about early menopause as my cycles are getting shorter and shorter.

Welcome PhotoPassion and AllyS83. I'm sorry we're all in this position, but it's nice to have people to talk to about it and feel less alone.

It sounds like several of us have appointments coming up soon. I'm meeting with an RE on Friday morning.

Hi TX biscuit. I am unsure if they will do anything as I know unless you go private down here you don't get very far and time is not on my side. I have tried relaxing about it but it is so hard not to think about it every second of every day. I ordered us some preseed this month just as a last ditch attempt at a miracle.

I have been ttc# 2 for almost 2 years. Currently on my second cycle of Letrozole. First cycle at 2.5mg I didn't ovulate. Waiting to see if it works this cycle.

Fingers crossed for you Canadian lady. Not liking the preseed as we arn't used to using anything but I feel like at least we are doing something.

Welcome CanadianLady. I hope the Letrozole helps you ovulate this month. It's frustrating to feel so out of control; I wish I could will my ovaries to ovulate.

My husband was supposed to get his sperm analysis this week, but got sick with the flu. :dohh: If it's not one thing, it's another. Fortunately, we still have some time before the next cycle to get it done.

Oh no bad timing with the flu. Been to the gp they are sending me for blood tests next cycle so that ball has started rolling at least.

I'm glad they're sending you for blood tests. How long will you have to wait for results?

Hi TX biscuit. They said two weeks but you have to go between day 0-4 of your cycle and day 17 so I guess maybe two weeks after that. The gp told me the action of going to see them and getting it all of your chest often helps, I guess miracles do happen.

Hello everyone! It's been a little quiet on my end... I was pretty sure by about 4 or 5 dpo this month that I wasn't pregnant, so I was just waiting for AF to arrive. I just started my first round of Clomid post-miscarriage yesterday. I'm taking 100mg from cd 3-7. Hopefully this will do the trick, and the Clomid won't make me too emotional. My hubs is getting his sperm analysis tomorrow, so hopefully everything will be OK in that department.

Any updates from anyone else?

Hi Ladies,

Do you mind if I join?? My story so far:

Took just over 1 year to try for our son who is now 2.5, had suspected PCOS but i think it was luck that we conceived just as they began to do tests. We have now been TTC#2 for a year but no so lucky this time. Had blood test last cycle day 21 which confirmed I hadn't ovulated, cycles are 60-70 days. Has transvaginal scan this morning and now have to wait 10 days for results.

Thanks for listening.

Welcome to our group Diamondgirl13. The fertility scans are not fun. Did they find any cysts or other signs of PCOS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->