35 in a few months and ttc

mazak

Reaction score
hi all am new to this site.Iam 34 -35 in afew months so hope im still welcome in here :)me and my partner are ttc ,we been trying for the last 7 months but no joy.Ive had test previousley and every thing came back fine ,i have no kids and this is really worrying me now even that they say every things fine. I have booked my self in the doctors on monday to see if i can have test again.We are activley having fun..My periods are 7 days long and it a 28 cycle and allways on time .no luck as yet so any advice peeps

many thanks

hi all am new to this site.Iam 34 -35 in afew months so hope im still welcome in here :)me and my partner are ttc ,we been trying for the last 7 months but no joy.Ive had test previousley and every thing came back fine ,i have no kids and this is really worrying me now even that they say every things fine. I have booked my self in the doctors on monday to see if i can have test again.We are activley having fun..My periods are 7 days long and it a 28 cycle and allways on time .no luck as yet so any advice peeps

many thanks
Hi!
welcome!!
I'm 36 and ttc for 8 mths, had all the tests with ex hubby 4 yrs ago...mine all fine, his very poor. New bloke now and were going for all new tests in case anything has changed with me in the last 4 yrs. Its good to get checked out cos leaving it longerand longer only stresses you out and it could be a very simple thing to fix.

I'm 8dpo today and really really hoping for a BFP so i dont need a HSG next month!!! but even if i do feck it at least its getting the process moving...the waiting is killing!!:grr:

hya red clair thanxs for your message it nice to have some 1 to talk to. I hope i concieve this month as ive been very active with my partner i will b so happy.Im a bit worried what the docters are goin to say on monday, like you this is a new partner and hes never had a sperm count b4.i will fill u in on what the doctors say monday take care

I certainly understand your concerns... it may just be that all is fine and it's just taking a bit longer. This does happen. But being that your about 35, most docs would advise to have additional tests done after 6 mos TTC. Ah, the joys!!! lol.

I would for sure ask (if you haven't already), about CD3 blood work (to check your FSH, LH, Estrodial and thyroid), you can also have CD21 blood work done to check your progesterone (I believe)- then they can perform a dye test (HSG test) to make sure there are no blockages in your uterus or tubes. As well your OH can have a seman analysis to make sure all OK there.

It can all be a bit overwhelming, but it may be what you need to ease your mind. At the very least, you'll know if you are up against anything. There is SO much that can be done these days ;)

Best of luck to you hun!!!

hya all, hope all is good,went doctors this morning there going to do all test again got to go and have blood test 21 days from my period. hope everything turns out ok as the doctor says when u get to 35 everything slows down, i have 3 months left till 35 so im just keeping my fingers crossed, it would be a miracle if i conceived all ready then i wouldnt have to go threw this.The last time i had the test i was 30 4 years ago and everything in working order just hope it still the same.Longing to have a baby i get really jelouse when i see women pregnant or ttc and get caught strait away .. please god give me a chance.

Hi mazak i hope you get a BFP soon...

I had a wee girl 10 years ago at 25 and she took me nearly a year. Althou my current pregnancy ended at 19 weeks i got pregnant first month of trying. Just done it every few days around ov time, which having a longer cycle i normally ovulated after day 18 so i guess thats where i went wrong last time around, had my hubby around the bend with DTD every day from day 11 15 lol

I only have a few months left of being 34 so i want to try soon also, even harder when ive had a Mc emotionally , but physically my body longs for a child :(

I will also be 35 in May. My hubby just turned 47. Despite our age, we have been TTC for about 3 months now. I am about 10 dpo and PRAYING for a BFP! I had all the symptoms (hunger, swollen sore boobs, constant peeing, extreme fatigue) for 2 weeks. A couple days ago they went away. =(

Like you, I do not want to go years TTC. Let's encourage each other!! Wishing you all the best!

hya all im having a bad few days my friend had her hsg test and she has a blockage she is very upset and confided in me, but it making me worried im havin sleepless nights, and not eating with worry nowing that i have to have these test done,i have no children and what if it comes bck that i have a blockage it a very worrying time and my heart goes out to my friend,but at least she still has 2 kids.Will the docters still help me if i do have a blockage.Ive spoke to my partner about this and he says dont worry everybody body is different but i dont think he relizies how much this is affecting me, bless him.I am so scared.

hya all im having a bad few days my friend had her hsg test and she has a blockage she is very upset and confided in me, but it making me worried im havin sleepless nights, and not eating with worry nowing that i have to have these test done,i have no children and what if it comes bck that i have a blockage it a very worrying time and my heart goes out to my friend,but at least she still has 2 kids.Will the docters still help me if i do have a blockage.Ive spoke to my partner about this and he says dont worry everybody body is different but i dont think he relizies how much this is affecting me, bless him.I am so scared.

don't worry pet there's loads they can do!!
I'm going for a HSG in the next cycle, i'm dpo12 now and bfn so just waiting for period and then booking appt, you should be cd8 for a hsg. I had it done with a laproscope about 4 yrs ago and everything was ok then but i am worried that now i may have some blockage/scaring. apparently even the test getting the tubes flushed with the dye can clear some blockages of mucus etc. then if the tubes are worse they can put in a stent or drill to widen the path for an egg. All else fails theres always ivf.

Men rarely realise the panic we have about all this!! when a woman finally decides she is ready...she's ready like NOW!! not this endless wishing and wanting and wasting of precious time tick tock and all that. My fella is a sweetie, he's going for his SA on tuesday and is very supportive in a lad's way... ie 'don't worry love its gonna happen'! But i'm stressed out of my banana...everyday!!

So ... to put your mind at ease head to a sympathetic doctor, get all the tests and then at least you know where you stand.... worrying is heartwenching and pointless!! put you mind on getting stuff done and fixed if needed!!
good luck pet!

Mazak,

As hard as it is (and I know it's easy for me to say) you have to stay positive and ignore your age. I was 34 when I started TTC and I'm 35 now. It can take time to get pregnant no matter what age you are. 7 months is not very long.

If you aren't already I recommend the following:

1) temping to confirm ovulation-use fertility friend
2) Use a clearblue fertility monitor (which will tell you best days to have sex- so takes the stress out of guessing when fertile)
3) exercise-I was very fit when I was ttc
4) ignore all those awful articles in the press telling you've that you've left it too late. The most fertile women I know are the older ones. Those having trouble are in their 20s!

Good luck!

Cxxx

hya all been away for a few weeks but glad to be back hope ur all good ,i feel more positive now about ttc ive had my blood test last week and waitin for results my partner is having his seimen tested and just hope all the results come out fine, i will keep u all informed take care

Just wanted to say hi!! I am 35 and TTC as well...

hello all hope everyones fine just a quick update went the doctors for 21day bloods got the results back and had to go see him there was a problem he was saying that my prolactin level was high it was over 1000 what ever they measure it in he was saying that it should be under 600 and thinks that what my problem could be hes refered me to hosp for futher tests so just wating for the appointment .my doc was rubish i was trying to ask him questions about it but dont think he had a clue and wanted to pass the book :( so my mind done in now as not know what will happen next ??? is the prolacting easy to fix will i still be able to have kids? many thx peeps

Hi. I will be 35 next month and we have also been referred to the hosp. Hope your appt comes through soon- it's been 3 weeks since we saw doctor and we are still waiting. Stupidly I didn't ask how long it would take! I'm trying not to worry too much and just making OH take loads of supplements in the meantime. Well, if I have to, so can he. Lol.

Good luck!

hi all just poppin in quickly wanted to no if anybody could tell me the next steps im am so worried about having high prolactin levels iv been taking b6 vitamins but am still waiting for my hospital apppointment thanxs

hy all had my appointment may 5th put me on bronc tab to lower my prolactin i am still producing eggs so that a good thing .

hya all just wondered if any1 can help went to te hospital on 5th may was told i would be put on bronc tablets because of my high prolactin,now they sent me a letter saying i cant have them because my prolactin levels fine they are are 494,ive had my tubal patebcy test and all was good we just awaiting my oh semen anaalysis to come back if everything fine there going to refer me to ass contraception what does that mean i havent got my next app till the end of june and would like to no what will happen

Hi Mazak - sorry you're having a hard time with all the hosp appointments and tests. I can't really give any advice on what they're planning for you sorry but I also had a high Prolactin result when the Dr checked my 21 day bloods (evidentally the hormone prolactin may inhibit ovulation). She told me it could either mean PCOS (Polycycstic Ovary Syndrome) but fortunately for me I had no other symptoms OR that I was nervous of having a blood test - which was true for me, I HATE needles with a passion!! So I gave myself a good talking too, calmed down had another blood test and all was okay. Could this be the same for you? Or are you okay with blood tests?? It's just at thought......

How about ringing the clinic and seeing if they have a fertility nurse or someone who can explain what is going on for you?

Big hugs hun :hugs:

just thought i say a quick hello and send my love 2 u all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back