35 week check - 50% effaced, 1cm dialated

Apen2009

Reaction score
O.K., I know it doesn't really mean anything but I am still super excited!!!:happydance:

I didn't expect to be effaced at all so to be 50% already is awesome in my book..

Dr. says this doesn't mean an early labor but I'm still hoping it might. . just a little bit early. . .

Come on July Babies!!!

Wow, that's awesome!! Hopefully you've got a nice, early labor (not too early of course)!

You've got me hoping I'm somewhat effaced/dilated/engaged at my next appt. on monday.

good luck!! :)

I'm sucha terrible pregnant person!
.. what's effaced?

If I remember correctly effaced is how thinned out you are... how thin your cervix is maybe? HEHE I can not remember exactly what is thinning but something is haha

I'm sucha terrible pregnant person!
.. what's effaced?

my description would be. . . .
your cervix has a certain thickness to it.. .before you go into labor your cervix will thin out.. . so 50% effaced means that is now 50% thinner than what it 'normally' is.. . or 1/2 way to being completely thinned out!! :happydance:

But this may give you a more clear idea. .. from JustMommies.com
When a woman isn’t pregnant, and during most of a pregnancy as well, her cervix is long and thick. In actual measurements, a normal cervix is not really very long, just 3-5 centimeters (1-2”) in length. In the final weeks of pregnancy, as the lower part of the uterus gets ready for the baby to come out, the cervix starts to get shorter and thinner. This process is called effacement. As the cervix becomes more and more effaced, it gets shorter and shorter and increasingly “pulled up”, eventually seeming to become part of the lower uterus (the cervix itself almost seems to disappear). Effacement is also sometimes referred to as “ripening” or “thinning out.”

Hope that helps. . . .

Wow, that's awesome!! Hopefully you've got a nice, early labor (not too early of course)!

You've got me hoping I'm somewhat effaced/dilated/engaged at my next appt. on monday.

I'll try to keep you posted. .. let us know how your next appointment goes. . I'll go back again on Wednesday. . very curious what the progress, if any, will be... .

How did your appointment go on Monday? Any changes? Not much here. . still 1cm dilated but am now 75% effaced. . .

Congratulations :) i remember when i was pregnant he was dialated from 37 weeks his head was soooo low down however he was still 1 week late!! must of been comfy lol :)

When do they normally start checking for this? It has been 6 years since my last baby, so I really don't remember how far along you are when they start to check :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->