35 weeks and needing support

utbabymomma

Reaction score
Maybe it is better to say "needing to vent." I am 36 years old and pregnant with our first (a little boy). To date, my pregnancy has been healthy and happy. Last night I receive several hate filled and inexplicable FB messages from my sister in law. She has been in the family 3 years and tends to blow up at people for no reason. I've always been very quiet about it and let it go because I didn't feel it was my place. Also, I didn't want to add tension between my husband and his brother.

But this morning's message was just too much. I tried to politely tell her to back off. When that clearly didn't work I asked that she not contact me for a while since I am 8 months pregnant and should be made to deal with such pettiness and then I blocked her. She has been trying to contact me ever since.

I am really upset and I am afraid it will negatively effect the baby or my health. I know she is an alcoholic with a sad life and I've tried to display grace and manners but now I fear it is going to impact my pregnancy. I am sitting at work with a full calendar today but just feel like crying.

Sorry for the long post just needed to get this out of my head. Anybody with a suggestion for dealing with the stress/emotions? I was thinking a massage may help.

:hugs: a massage is a great idea. Also, don't feel bad about your SIL. I would have blocked her too. You don't need that right now and definitely talk to your DH. Even if you don't want him to start anything with his brother. He would want to know anything stressing you out. I know mine would.

I agree with the pp. I would have blocked her in a heart beat. I don't know her situation but how dare she do this to you. Perhaps she needs to find other outlets to diffuse her issues instead of using you.
I hope you're able to ignore her and find the peace you need. I highly recommend a massage or 3 :hugs:

I agree I think u did the best things possible by blocking her and now a massage would be nice or a relaxing warm bath I'm sure we all experience stress at some point in out pregnancies so I think your little peanut will be perfect. :)

I am in similar situation as you Hun. I had a blow up with in law recently and mostly with sister in law! But I had my vent with them and my husband and decided to block them for a while on Facebook and text messages so I don't want to know as I am now 35 weeks pregnant now.

At the moment, I felt they don't make any more efforts to see my boys as they do more with my niece and nephew!

You know where I am if you need to pm. Hugs xxxx

Yes, stay away from anyone who you feel is toxic. Just block them out and do what is best for you and baby, i.e. Relax, massage whatever..

It is extremely hard to deal with people who have substance abuse problems. Alcoholism changes the brain chemistry, so she may not even be the same person you started getting to know 3 years ago.

I am 35 weeks today as well. Only 5 weeks left. Just tell yourself that you can deal with her drama later after the baby comes. Yes, she's part of your family, but no need to stress and worry about her attack right now. Tell your husband and let him deal with it. I know it is hard to put stress aside. I've been fighting with my boyfriend and it is really difficult to try to let things go, especially with the higher hormone levels that make me feel worse about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->