36+5 and bright blood when I wiped! Small amount ...

OrkneyGirl

Reaction score
Well I've had a few bleeds throughout the pregnancy and a few problems lucky however I'm now 37 weeks tomorrow! I have a scan tomorrow to check plecenta placement but just been to the bathroom and when I wiped I noticed a small amount of fresh to blood? Nothing other than blood so wouldn't suggest a show as want mucus like just blood. No uti as had urine checked two days ago and baby is moving well. Doesn't appear to be any reason behind the small bleed and so far no more. Told to just keep and eye and call of more but just wondered if anyone's had such a thing at almost 37 weeks and what happened if anything?

Id give your midwife a call as its fresh blood. Just to be on the safe side

I have and because she's moving fine and there's been no more of anything I'm just to wait until my scan tomorrow. Not sure but on wiping this evening TMI alert - had some cream discharge like on the toilet paper! But it was just clear and little with no pink or blood in it so can't see it being the start of the plug?!?

Sounds like bits of plug to me. Doesn't always have blood in it. Sounds like everything is heading in the right direction. Doubt it will be long now for you

I'm not sure it's not like any plug I've seen when I googled just appears to be like usual discharge? The blood earlier in the day was just a small fresh amount practically nothing but not with discharge or anything else. The discharge wasn't like "snot" or any other way it's described just like a little cream discharge so I'm not feeling positive that it's related to the plug or show :(

I would call. I had bright red blood with dd and it ended up being from preeclampsia and high BP

I would call. I had bright red blood with dd and it ended up being from preeclampsia and high BP

I have called and there not concerned never had BP issues always in the normal maybe slightly lower range. No excess swelling or any other signs. Scan 10am tomorrow to check placenta placement and I'm just to monitor until then. I don't feel blood pressure is high i feel not hot or dizzy or unwell in any way. There aware of the small bleed but nothing to do unless there's more

Discharge can increase a lot in third trimester.

Hope acannis all good tomorrow

Ok. We'll that's good at least. Hope all goes well with your scan!

Scan fine no indication of where the bleed was from (as usual) baby's doing well everything as should be cervix is measuring 5cm long no funnelling as she expects at this stage measurements taken and she's around 7lb 4oz today.

Just curious as seen cervix measurements and I know they can change daily but feel for my stage in pregnancy is mine still rather long ..... It's wrote down in the notes it's at 4.9cm I'm just wondering if this is any indication of going overdue due to the length?

From what I've heard, I don't really think it's an indication. Things can change so quickly. Basically if your body and baby are ready, you can go from long and closed to dilated and effaced in a matter of hours. I wouldn't worry too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->