36 almost 37 ttc baby number 2 with PCOS - Going back in time

Sorry to hear AF got you. How did the scan go?

Sorry to hear AF got you. How did the scan go?

hiya,

scan went well really. Left me with more questions than answers to be honest. No cysts present on either ovary. Was expecting to see them covered due to my PCOS. Everything was fine nothing untoward. Scan showed a corpus luteum on my right ovary so she said she thinks I’ve ovulated this cycle. BBT confirmed I had too but don’t really trust it. It said I ovulated on CD13 which is way too early for me as I tend to ovulate much later in cycle around CD20 if at all. So... I’d say due to another temp dip I ovulated on CD 17 rather than CD13. Missed a few OPKs around CD 14-15 and CD 18-19 so never really saw them get much darker! So I’m either 11DPO by first date or 7DPO by the second date! So confused this cycle! AF only lasted 6 days this cycle which is unheard of for me. I’m usually at least 7-9 days. It wasn’t particularly heavy either again strange for me.

I had a progesterone blood test yesterday on CD23 to confirm O so waiting on results which will be mid week next week and waiting for AMH blood test results which should be around the same time! Hate the waiting game!

woke up today feel hot and stuffy nose-hay fever possibly and felt a bit queasy most of the morning but trying not to symptom spot to be totally honest.

just want my results to confirm things now and hoping we didn’t miss O bd’d around both times I think I may have ovulated and OH SA came back extremely positive so just stressing that it’s me again and my body doesn’t work!
Just the waiting game now!

Thank you for asking about me hope you’re well x

Glad it went well. I know what you mean though, sometimes waiting is the worst bit- if you're anything like me you just want to know NOW what is going on!

Fingers crossed for an August :bfp: for you. I'm on day 4 of AF so hoping for an early September :bfp:

Glad it went well. I know what you mean though, sometimes waiting is the worst bit- if you're anything like me you just want to know NOW what is going on!

Fingers crossed for an August :bfp: for you. I'm on day 4 of AF so hoping for an early September :bfp:

I’m finding the whole thing a massive disappointment again. It’s so hard to not focus on ttc when it’s something you really want. I’ve just tested and it’s negative so no doubt it’s a BFN this cycle. Just so disheartening all the time.

just want to get help to get me there! But everything takes forever and is a massive waiting game. Just don’t feel like time is on my side anymore!

hope you do get that early sept :bfp: x

I know what you mean, I never expected to be in this boat again, and as excited as I am about the idea of having another with my new OH it's been difficult going through the ups and downs again when I thought I'd put all that behind me, not to mention the added pressure of age.

My mum had my youngest sister and brother at 38 and 41 though so I'm holding out hope!

I know what you mean, I never expected to be in this boat again, and as excited as I am about the idea of having another with my new OH it's been difficult going through the ups and downs again when I thought I'd put all that behind me, not to mention the added pressure of age.

My mum had my youngest sister and brother at 38 and 41 though so I'm holding out hope!

I totally agree with you think I’d resigned myself to the fact that one would be all i would have after the emotional distress of ttc him but nope I like to make life a challenge! Just brings it all back tho and my OH is 13 years younger than me so i just feel like I’m letting him down when he gets positive every month and I’m like a negative nelly!

just had enough already!!
Sian

Soooo.... another fun cycle!!! CD 41... no AF...and BFN’s.

frustrated much ](*,)

AMH results came back at the were 28.9 pmol which they advised me was high for my age. Prob down to the PCOS but on a plus note plenty of eggs still left if I can get them out of their sleepy state!!

so plan of action once AF finally gets a move on...
Booking in for HSG to check my tubes aren’t blocked. (Paying privately :-()
They’ve finally given me metformin to start to help regulate cycles.
After HSG providing tubes aren’t blocked we will do one round of private clomid cycle. If that doesn’t work then I’ll have to wait for the NHS app around Dec time. At least I will have had all baseline tests by then and tried one clomid cycle so hopefully the NHS will keep me going with that. It’s getting expensive privately.
Apparently I’m higher risk of OHSS so they may only recommend a small dose of clomid. I have my follow up with private clinic on sept 1st! Fingers crossed AF arrives before then.

TTC is starting to take over my mind and life again. This is so hard! I’m sure you all know how that feels

Last edited:
Sorry it's been another frustrating cycle for you. It makes it so much harder when you know you're not pregnant but AF doesn't show either. It sounds like you have a good plan for moving forward though. Sending hugs :hugs2:

Sorry it's been another frustrating cycle for you. It makes it so much harder when you know you're not pregnant but AF doesn't show either. It sounds like you have a good plan for moving forward though. Sending hugs :hugs2:
Thank you! AF is still a no show.... longest time without one in about 10 years now. CD 44 (12 days late) no idea what’s gone on this cycle! Started metformin a few days ago for my pcos. Just waiting for a bleed and then I’ll book in for the HSG... just hope it hurries up now..!

it's great eggs quality is not an issue, it might be easier to regulate your cycle than improve eggs quality

it's great eggs quality is not an issue, it might be easier to regulate your cycle than improve eggs quality

Just grateful that I have a good reserve left then hopefully I can still persue other treatments if metformin and myo inositol doesn’t work. Will get my tubes checked just in case there is an issue there and if not I’ll be moving onto clomid... or possible IVF if still no luck

I keep my fingers and toes crossed super tight
Thank you. HSG was done about 2 weeks ago and tubes are all clear so definitely an ovulation issue. Been having an almost 3 week bleed now after a 50+ day cycle! Can’t catch a lucky break at the minute.

it's good to know your issue (your enemy) and it will be more effective to find the right solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->