36 week scan to check position of placenta

Becxi

Baby #3
Reaction score
Hi there! I have my 36 week scan tomorrow to check to see whether my placenta has moved. Just wondering if anyone else has had one of these scans and what they actually check. Do they just literally check the position and then you are on your way or do they check size of baby and other things?

Thanks in advance :hugs:

I had one last week and as well as checking the placenta they checked the baby's head circumference and a couple of other measurements as well

Hiya i had mine at week 33 and it had gone from being almost covering the cervix to have moved to the total opposite side of the womb. FX for you that yours has moved too xxx

Oh forgot to add that they had a quick look around to check everything was ok but its nothing in-depth. But she did kindly show me and OH my cervix and the tiny little tunnel that her huge head has to go through!! lol x

Yay its good news! Placenta has completely moved out of the way! Baby is an estimated 6lb 13oz at the mo and if she makes it to her due date will be around 8lb 7oz x

oooh ive got mine tomorrow to see if it has moved, becxi good job its moved as you are gonna need all the room to get her out, lol. was youn scan abdominally or internal???

had mine on monday this week and they check all baby, kidneys, heart etc. and took measurements and tell you the weight of your baby.

is nice :)

didnt get any scan pics, but to be honest, all you get to see on the screen is parts of ya baby!

saw mine practicing her breathing

and my placenta has moved

Nand01 I know lol. I had mine done abdominally. But what I didn't know was that I had to go with a full bladder, so then had to walk round the hospital for 30 mins drinking water! x

great if the placenta has moved.

I was told i have a posterior low placenta when i had my scan 31 weeks, not sure what are the chances of it moving coz i heard it is more unlikely for posterior and bigger chance for anterior.

For those who placenta have moved, are yours posterior or anterior?

mine has been completely covering at all my scans and yesterday at my 32 week scan i was told it is now 5cm away so can have normal birth and it is posterior

i still have to go for 34 and 36 week scans just to make sure that when neck of womb opens my placenta keeps moving away and it doesnt meet but they said that it rarely happens once its already moved

they gave baby measurements quick once over and we did get phone of side of bumpys face which was nice but they have said its unlikely ill get pics at next scan and was lucky got one this time as further gone you are less you see

Shiseru mine was anterior x FX that yours moves xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"