36 weeks and 4 days, are these contractions?

TTCMOMMA

Reaction score
Hi,
My little man is breech, and it was looking like I am going to have to have a c-section because of how big he is and how he doesn't want to move head down. Doctor was thinking at 39 weeks he would schedule the c-section. Well about 8:45pm last night (its 2:25am now) my little man started moving like CRAZY. It truly felt and looked like the scene from Alien where the guy has the alien start coming out of his stomach. I've had similar movement before but it was uncomfortable, not painful. This was VERY painful, with pressure in the pelvic area and shooting pain down the right leg. It ebbed and flowed like this for about 45 mins, with me shift positions in bed and rubbing the tummy to try to settle him down. It finally stopped, but my belly felt so sore afterwords, and I almost immediately fell into a deep sleep. About 1am I started getting uncomfortable after I woke up to go to the bathroom. He started a similar motions from before and it would only get a little better if I stood up. He is still moving a lot as of right now, and its still quite painful, but its almost a constant pain, and not what I would think contractions would feel like. My belly is so TIGHT and I am not sure if this is why I am having so much pain when he is moving. Belly isn't normally this tight. Wondering if these are just painful BH's or real labor contractions.

Thank you for those have read all through this, and thank you for any advice.

hi hun, I'm also 36+4 and in hospital at the moment with the very same symptoms, got an injection on pain killers last night and got the best nights sleep, I have my antenatal app this morning to discuss date for section due to breech and will let you know how I get on, baby seems to be doin perfectly according to trace they done, hope u are feeling better

sounds like ur body getting ready for big day
as for breach baby can flip all the way to last minute...ill keep u in my thoughts

Definitely sounds like baby could have moved! I'd phone dr so they can check!

Contractions are contractions when they can be timed and come around the same length apart so keep an eye on them, it shouldn't feel like a constant pain mine started as dull aches low down and belly would tighten when the contraction come and would go back once contraction stopped x

We did go to the hospital and of course as we were talking and walking into the hospital the pain started subsiding. They were not able to see any contractions, baby was perfectly healthy but still moving a lot and kicking the doctor. They did a sonogram and little mister was still breech. I was told probably Braxton Hicks, and/or him trying to move head down. Even the doc on duty thought I was prob going to need c-section in a few weeks. I was told to take benedryl, and to rest as much I can today. I slept for about 3 1/2 hrs when I got home. It was such a deep and lovely sleep.

Am very happy that everything is ok BUT kinda disappointed that I went it for Braxton Hicks. I thought they were not suppose to hurt?!?! My other theory is that the Braxton Hicks agitated the baby, so he decided to fight it and that why his movements were so crazy and painful.

Spending some time on hands & knees when he gets super active like that might give him enough room to turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->