36 weeks and need an ear! to listen.

number1

Reaction score
Hi All

I am 36 weeks pregnant and wanted to know if anybody else felt the same. i stopped work abouit 3-4 weeks ago. I dont like people coming over to visit ( or the thiought of them coming over) i freak out when the telephone rings because i know im going to get invited to the mother in laws for morning tea( i so dont want to go) so i avoid the phone. When i get into the shower i keep thinking that i can hear the phone ring:haha::cloud9:ing. I know it all sounds crazy but did anybody else get like this and just want to be left alone??

Hi there,
Nearing the end of my pregnancy I'm having a lot of people phoning up or visiting. It is ok at times but then other times I feel too tired to answer/see people.Especially when not sleeping at night.
So sometimes I ignore them when they ring, figuring if it is so important they will ring back or leave a msg on the answering machine.If they come round and Im trying to sleep Ill let them knock, but my OH has actually made a sign that says please dont disturb trying to sleep. Because of my on again off again contractions this last week and a half is literally driving bonkers. So I think sleep and you time are more important then anything else.
I felt guilty at first but My OH and me know how much more busy we'll be once bubby comes and have decided to do this for us now so we are not too tired when it finaaly happens.

If you are feeling unusually depressed or anti-social maybe have a talk with your dr.
Good luck, and hope you feel better soon.

I'm a little like this at the best of times ;)

Mostly around home though. When I'm at home I'm resting or I'm busy, both don't work very well if someone just turns up ;)

MILs are a different kettle of fish though - I'm lucky mine has no intention of inviting me over for tea ;)

Is there anything you feel you need to do at home? Are you afraid of going into labour some place other than home?

Maybe you just need to be alone so you can rest?

i think its natural as soon you wont get your ME time once baby is here.
enjoy it while you can hun x x x

Im like this,i have been for a whilst and usually are during pregnancy. i just can not be bothered with everyone, even members of my own family. I know they are just trying to help, but they jusy annoy and irrate me.

A few of my friends know just how antisocial i get and have the brains to stay away and just call for other reasons, lol.
It went away as soon as the baby is born.

I find if im on my own (just me and kids) i can get on with stuff and just forget about it and be a bit more normal, when people are with me they get all fussy round me, doing stuff and making comments.

Poor you! Do you think your MIL would understand if you explained to her that you just want to stay in and put your feet up? It can't be much fun trying to phone dodge.

Also, like millygirl said, if you think that your feelings go beyond just wanting to be left alone to chill then it might be worth speaking to your GP. My friend was recently diagnosed with antenatal depression and is feeling much beter after getting some extra support. Don't suffer in silence.

Big hugs

I'm not like this now, but I was exactly like that after my dd was born.

I remember my MIL came round the day after she was born, (she had already seen her at the hospital), and I was leaving our dd with my hubby whilst I went to register the birth. Anyway, I wouldn't leave the house until my MIL did. I practically said to her, you can't be here if I'm not! Embarrasing to think about now, but I really meant it at the time. I just wanted everyone to leave us alone.

I do get anxious when the phone rings, or the post comes though, as I just don't want any distractions, bad news, things to do etc before baby is here. My mind is all taken up with baby thoughts and doesn't seem to want anything else.

I definitely like to hide myself away towards the end of my pregnancies. I become incredibly anti-social and can't be arsed going anywhere or speaking to the "have you had your baby yet?" people!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->