36 weeks plus - how often do you see the midwife?

starlight2801

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

How often do you all have midwife appointments? I'm particularly interested in you ladies who are getting towards your due dates, as I've been told that appointments are supposed to get more frequent.

I'm 36 weeks and still only seeing the midwife every 3 weeks but people keep telling me I should be going every week now. I was surprised when she gave me my next appointment and said so but she said she had no concerns about me so didn't need to see me :shrug:

Does this sound right to you? X

You should see someone (consultant or community MW) once a week from 36w. My MW seems a bit crap to be honest as I last saw her at 34 w and my next appt is this Thurs when I will be almost 39 weeks, altho I did have a hospital appt last week. I get the impression she doesn't consider me a priority bc I am consultant led :shrug:

You don't need to see the midwife every week from 36 weeks. That's how it used to be but the guidelines have changed. Where I train we see women at 36 weeks, 39 weeks and then 41 weeks x

You don't need to see the midwife every week from 36 weeks. That's how it used to be but the guidelines have changed. Where I train we see women at 36 weeks, 39 weeks and then 41 weeks x

They really ought to update the guidelines in the notes then as I have felt pretty abandonned :shrug: Didn't help that I didn't get a call back when I rang for reassurance last week - first time I had done so. Perhaps I am just unlucky! :nope:

hey honey I last seen my midwife at 34weeks and dont see her again till 38weeks...

I saw mine at 36 weeks last time, and then not until I was 40+ when she gave me a sweep. I'm seeing mine at 36 weeks, the consultant at 38 weeks and then I guess I'll see the midwife again at 40+ to discuss induction if bubs hasn't come out.

Mine have been as she told me and wrote in my notes at booking in - 36, 38, 40 and then 41 if baby hasn't arrived.

The 38 wk apt was no different to any other - just BP, urine sample and check babys position. The 40wk one is actually after my due date so she did say she would sweep if I want, but as I'm going to decline and wait until 41 wks I think that will be the same as well.

My appointments have been a bit weird. Saw them at 30+5 then 34+5 then 37 and now I'm not seeing anyone again til 38+5...which feels a bit like I should be seeing someone sooner but then there's nothing really for them to check...if anything 'feels weird' I can always phone them/the hospital so I'm not too concerned.

from 34 - 38 weeks every 2 weeks then every weeks after that. i think it varies. with my last pregnancy ( i was at the same midwife/doctors) i saw the midwife much less frequently but with my daughter (first pregnancy) i saw loads of different people at various different times and places.

https://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttd550f.aspx

From 31 weeks Ive been seeing the midwife every 2 week and will continue to do so until she is here :)

i'm meant to see mines every two weeks from 34 weeks, i had my 34week appointment and because the doc surgery is shut for 'training' i now don't see her until i'm nearly 38 weeks, i wanted to see her more to 36 cuz i need and want to know about her positions n that!

every 2 weeks here as well x havent been impressed with midwife service ive had, she hasnt havent even mentioned birth plan, pain relief ect :(

I've always been told if you want to see a midwife more frequently just go to the drop-in sessions at your local surestart :)

Thanks for your replies ladies, it's amazing how it's so different depending on your area.

I have the details of a local drop in service so I can always do that if anything crops up x

Ah if it used to be that way that explains why people are telling me that I should be seen weekly.

Mystery solved, thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->