*@*36yrs old and up*@*

Hi all
Glad to find this thread! I am 38, DH is 40 and we have just started TTC.

I have no idea about my cycle as I have just come off Cerezette BCP and have not yet had a visited from AF - it's been over 4 weeks. I have been on BCP of one kind or another for years so no idea about my cycles - fingers crossed I am ovulating! I have loads of symptons, but cruelly pre AF hormones play tricks and feel the same as pregnancy so I am guessing it's just my body sorting itself out - frustrating though! I was so convinced that I had pregnancy symptons last week that I did a test but got a :bfn:.

Great to hear stories of ladies our age having successful :bfp:s, good luck to all of us!
Nice to meet you all!

welcome sharonf! you'll find tons of helpful info on bnb! :coffee:

good luck to you - i'm sure everything will be fine coming off the bcp:thumbup:

mama4, i like your optimism. you just never know. i'm sure i've mentioned this in this thread, but a friend who is 37 just had a baby. she took an hpt and a dr's blood test and both were neg. she said she just knew she was prg and she was!!!

keep us posted and good luck ladies:thumbup:

:dust:

Thanks VKJ73 for the encouragement!!! I guess you never know ~ Im sure stranger things have happened. I keep going to the loo thinking AF is surely here by now...I know I should just stop thinking about it and stop checking, that way she will get me at the most inconvenient time as usual! haha :haha:

I did find it encouraging that its not unheard of to get BFN's at 10, 12 heck even 15 DPO only to get a BFP as late as 17DPO in women who ovulated a bit later in their cycle and who are in our age group. There were tons of charts on FF when I searched by this criteria.

Im keepin my FX til the fat witch sings! :thumbup:

Welcome to the new ladies just joining the thread... Jump right in and tells us all bout urselves!!! BNB is so helpful and full of caring ladies going through exactly what you are!!!! :hugs:

so this is the place for all us oldish gals :) im 38 oh is 30,, i gave up last month and said i didn't want another as im so sick of my p always arriving on the button !! still not to give up ah :)

Thanks VKJ73 for the encouragement!!! I guess you never know ~ Im sure stranger things have happened. I keep going to the loo thinking AF is surely here by now...I know I should just stop thinking about it and stop checking, that way she will get me at the most inconvenient time as usual! haha :haha:

i hear ya! every time i'm in the "ladies lounge" i think, "please not now, please not now".

good news is, i've made it to almost 10dpo which means i may not have a short luteal phase:happydance: knowing that will make it a bit more bearable if af arrives.

Ive also announced this in the correct part of the site, but I got my BFP (3 of em on 3 seperate tests) today :happydance: Despite my happy dance I am tentative as its only 11 dpo.
Im posting my good news on this thread as I feel a particular affinity to you ladies. Im 36, dh is 44 and we have been ttc our first for 6 months. I was worrying every month that it was too late and that we had no chance. These past 11 days Ive had no symptoms, except for sciatica on 2 dpo and a headache yesterday. I also got some ewcm on 5 dpo and 8 dpo.
Anyway, thanks for all the support. Ive avidly been following this thread and it has comforted me to know that Im not the only 'oldie' who is TTC :thumbup: xx

Oooooohhh! Congrats Chubbin!!!!

VKJ73 - Atta way to have a positive outlook on things my friend! Im going to do the same. Af has gotten me now, so Im on CD1. BUT by charting for the first time ever last month I have learned that I did indeed Ovulate AND that my luteal phase was 14 days which is spot on! So this month I can relax a bit more knowing my body seems to be workin just fine!
:hugs: to you and all my buddies over 36!

Hi everyone- back from a good, long weekend!

Crap Mama- I was so hopeful reading your posts until today!! But at least there is a silver lining- you are on track for next month right?!!

Congrats Chubbin and Devon!

Welcome to all the other new ladies....baby dust for all!!!

Hello ladies of knowledge LOL I am in the 1ww and it seems longer than the tww! I hate it! I try not to ss but I do then kick my butte for doing it ARGH!

Hope your all doing well!

Congrats Chubbin and Devon what wonderful news!!!

Mama so sorry she got you but you have some great PMA!

hey sweet im 42 soon:dohh: and ttc no 5 my last 2 babies have been after 36 so you have loads of time :happydance::happydance:

I'm 42 also, mother of 5 and TTC no 6. Last baby was born 10 months ago, so yes, it can happen at our ripe old ages! :happydance:

hey sweet im 42 soon:dohh: and ttc no 5 my last 2 babies have been after 36 so you have loads of time :happydance::happydance:

I'm 42 also, mother of 5 and TTC no 6. Last baby was born 10 months ago, so yes, it can happen at our ripe old ages! :happydance:

How long did it take you to conceive the first baby you had over the age of 35??? Just curious if it took longer than when you were younger...I have always conceived within the first couple months of trying but my last was 6 years ago when I was only 31...things seem so different now that Im almost 38! :wacko:

I conceived the last one only a month after coming off the pill. I was 40 when I conceived him. Taking a bit longer this time but I did have a MC when he was 3 months old, so I'm guessing it's taken a few months for things to settle down.

here's to the 36+ crew :thumbup: congrats chubbin! csunshine, did you change your photo? to all the gals on here, thanks for the updates and words of inspiration for us all:hugs:

sending you all lots of :dust: from sunny california :flower:

Some great news for us 'mature' (lol) ladies on here - well done!!

Is it just me who feels really odd being classed as 'old' in this area when I feel like a complete youngster in every other way!! There was no way I'd be practically and emotionally ready for a baby before now, yet my body has been ready for 25 years!! Yikes!!!

here's to the 36+ crew :thumbup: congrats chubbin! csunshine, did you change your photo? to all the gals on here, thanks for the updates and words of inspiration for us all:hugs:

sending you all lots of :dust: from sunny california :flower:

Yes I did, I thought I'd share what my family looks like. LOL We are quite a lovely bunch. LOL Me in my white (thank god the church didn't burn down) wedding gown and DH in his handsome tux and my sister in her beautiful maid of honor dress with the most beautiful awful high heal shoes. LMAO

:thumbup:

I conceived the last one only a month after coming off the pill. I was 40 when I conceived him. Taking a bit longer this time but I did have a MC when he was 3 months old, so I'm guessing it's taken a few months for things to settle down.

Wow that is awesome! I think my body has just now settled itself since I came off the pill the last day of April of this year. I had been on the pill that didnt let me have a period and it screwed me up big time!

Took 38 days for me to have my first AF, then 34 days, then the last two have been 29 and 30 which is MUCH MORE normal for me. In my 2nd cycle, I think I may have had a beanie that just didnt stick...I was testing very early and getting faint lines and then got AF afterall. In my 3rd cycle I had spotting on CD15 which I've NEVER had before in my life and then when AF did come it was hardly anything at all!

So I decided to chart this last cycle which was my 4th TTC and everything seems to have gone just fine. Nothing weird and this AF is most definitely Aunt FLOOD! HAHA! :haha: SO hopefully, if the DH and I really get busy this month and I do the best I can to keep the soup in the bowl :blush: we might just get our BFP this time!

PMA to everyone!!! We are NOT old and we WILL get our BFP's!!! :hugs: to all!

Hello everyone. :wave: I'm new to this board. Was cruzin through the internet trying to locate a good "support" group and this site kept my interest for longer than 5 minutes. I honestly looked for an (gulp) "Over 40" group... but figure I am still young enough at heart to participate in the 36yo and up. I am tyring again for the BFP and I am currently on 4 mg of Folic Acid, LDA, 1000 mg Omega 3, prenatals (of course) and start Lovenox shots tomorrow. After 4 m/c's, I am considering an IV of Super Glue! I look forward to seeing the sucess stories on this board for those of use who are labeld "Advanced Maternal Age." What a YUCKY label... :rolleyes:

Good Luck to all of you and BABY DUST!!!

hello ladies,
wow, some inspirational stories in here, i am so happy i came in... i am 40... DH is 50, and we have had over our 24 years together, 6 beautiful children varying in age from 21 , to 6....... now, i had my last baby at 34, and we thought we were finished, but back in april of this year, i got BFP...... such a shock, but a nice one, i was delighted, dh was not so straight away, took a few weeks for him to come around.....
sadly, i went for a routine check up and scan at 17 weeks, to be told my baby had died,..... i wont go nto all the gorey details, but suffice to say that now, we are actually trying to have another child, and i was stressing that my age is against me etc.... i have had 2 natural visits from the old witch since d and c..i am CD2...... have been a memebr on magicmum for years, since i had dd who is almost 6..... but was browsin around and found you guys, so would love to join you all in here...

here is to lots of BFP's coming up soon for us ay????

loobi
xxxxxxx

Hello everyone. :wave: I'm new to this board. Was cruzin through the internet trying to locate a good "support" group and this site kept my interest for longer than 5 minutes. I honestly looked for an (gulp) "Over 40" group... but figure I am still young enough at heart to participate in the 36yo and up. I am tyring again for the BFP and I am currently on 4 mg of Folic Acid, LDA, 1000 mg Omega 3, prenatals (of course) and start Lovenox shots tomorrow. After 4 m/c's, I am considering an IV of Super Glue! I look forward to seeing the sucess stories on this board for those of use who are labeld "Advanced Maternal Age." What a YUCKY label... :rolleyes:

Good Luck to all of you and BABY DUST!!!

IV of Super Glue LOL!!! And speaking of "advanced maternal age"- I am labeled at my gyno's office as ELDER CARE!!!!!! I saw that on my chart on my last pre-natal visit and almost fell on the floor laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->