37 weeks 2 days and so done!

alisha1418

Mother of three girls!
Reaction score
I never had to experience false labour during my other two pregnancies. I’ve already been tricked twice in the past two in a half weeks. :roll:
My goodness it’s annoying as hell some nights the cramping and the shooting pain from the crotch lightening gets so bad.
I didn’t bother to head to the hospital at all. I do know for a fact if I’m dilating slowly they would just send me home.
How many ladies had to sit through false labour before they actually went into proper labour?
I’m becoming anxious, annoyed, feeling like I failed in some way.
My other two deliveries came on fast and quick that I had only had to get to the hospital quick. My first daughter was born within 4 hours, my second one was within 2 hours.
I’m at my wits end with this pregnancy and how long it’s taking for the baby to come!!! Uuuuugh.....
Any ideas to help coop with it until the baby deciders to come? I don’t want to rush or induce myself in any way.

Well... if you’re not keen on the idea of self-induction (which I think is a myth anyway) all you can really do is sit and wait. In the end, I just slept whenever I could and took loooong baths to somewhat relieve all the tensions and pains. My OB said that I can also have a small glass of wine if it will help me relax somewhat, but I couldn’t bring myself to drink it.

I do however share your experience on latent labour - I had it for about two weeks with the second one and I was so over it at 39 weeks as I usually only got a few hours sleep during the night because of the pains and cramping. A warm shower and baths definitely helped. I was also dilating about 2 cm per week due to this and got into the hospital at 40+4 on 6cm - without contractions. There were some complications so the delivery took 2 hours but in reality he could have been out in about 45 minutes.

So - if it’s any help - at least you’re probably in for a speedy delivery which is always nice, right?

Well... if you’re not keen on the idea of self-induction (which I think is a myth anyway) all you can really do is sit and wait. In the end, I just slept whenever I could and took loooong baths to somewhat relieve all the tensions and pains. My OB said that I can also have a small glass of wine if it will help me relax somewhat, but I couldn’t bring myself to drink it.

I do however share your experience on latent labour - I had it for about two weeks with the second one and I was so over it at 39 weeks as I usually only got a few hours sleep during the night because of the pains and cramping. A warm shower and baths definitely helped. I was also dilating about 2 cm per week due to this and got into the hospital at 40+4 on 6cm - without contractions. There were some complications so the delivery took 2 hours but in reality he could have been out in about 45 minutes.

So - if it’s any help - at least you’re probably in for a speedy delivery which is always nice, right?

Oh wow! 6cm dilated when you went into the hospital! That’s intense and no contractions at all on those.
I hear ya on the warm/hot baths I enjoy those when these false contractions start up it helps ease them. The past two days I’ve now been dealing with super leaky boobs that are sore as hell and more cramping pains that lead to nothing.
I’ve never believed in the self inducing part myself. The only thing that has helped before was having sex which started my labor’s. Only this time it just causes tons of contractions that lead to no where. So this baby is content on coming when they want LOL. I am hoping for a quick delivery, just not super quick where I don’t make it to the hospital. My husband and some family have a joke about my labor’s on how quick they are they keep telling me not to sneeze or the baby will fall out! LOL!

I had to labor at home w my previous because every time I would go to the hospital they'd check me and tell me I'm only 3 cm. They wanted the contractions to be at least 2 min apart. That scared the crap outta me. I was like that for at least a week. I did everything to bring it on and the only thing I believe was effective was bouncing on a birthing ball. I bled more which meant I was opening up more and the pains got worse. I felt like the docs were trying to torture me and the pain was so bad I started to wonder maybe I had an infection or something! I went back and I was 6cm. I ended up staying of course and had my baby a few hrs later. But I've had prodominal labor in other pregnancies as well. It could be a nightmare. And scary because the pains so intense you think you'll give birth in the car or at home.

I had it all with DD1 from 29 weeks I think I went into hospital about 3 times with false labour and those lightning crotch pains really make ure eyes water. Very painful. I ended up going into real labour at 39+4 but that 10 weeks of pain was awful.
Not long for you now hon. But just wanted to say I understand.

I went into preterm at 32wks with dd2 but she decided to be induced at 40wks.
This baby, I hope to ride it out!

I went into preterm at 32wks with dd2 but she decided to be induced at 40wks.
This baby, I hope to ride it out!

Exactly the same with my second! Went into preterm labour at 30 weeks and ended up getting induced at 40 weeks!

That’s crazy! I definitely don’t like the prodormal labour, but I had my girl at 38 weeks! The hospital made me stay because of how quick all my other deliveries were.

Just had the experience of ‘false labour’ this weekend. Pains getting closer together lasting 30/40 seconds, feeling the baby pushing down on cervix, then after maybe 90 minutes it all stopped, then started again then stopped again! Total pain, mentally you think ‘this is it’ only for it all to go nowhere. Extremely frustrating. DS was straightforward, waters broke, contractions started, went to hospital and he was born all in under 7 hours. Looks like baby number 2 likes to play games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->