37 weeks and not dilated :-(

Sally_D

Reaction score
This may be silly but I got so disappointed after my app today when d doc said cervix is still closed...getting so impatient now.

Anyone else in d same position?

We don't get checked in the UK until 40 weeks so don't really expect anything to happen until then. It makes the wait a bit easier!

Don't worry, baby is still cooking nicely! Most women don't start to dilate until they are in labour xx

Don't worry hun you are still quite early. I think most of the time women dilate once their labour has begun. x

Me! I've been checked twice now and been told I'm only a finger tip dilated. Ugh! I can relate :( hope you're dilated next time!

They do not check here until 1 day after your due date and I prefer it that way. You have plenty of time to dilate though it is hard to wait trust me sitting here at 31 weeks I am soooo over it but you are closer then me so just relax hun! :)))

36+3 and nothing at my appointment. I didn't really expect it but it was still disappointing as we always hope for SOME sign.

I was 40+5 at my last appointment and as they were doing a sweep I got to find out that i am/was 0cm dilated...so not dilated at 37 weeks doesn't sound so awful to me:haha:

That's why I request to not be checked because it doesn't change anything. I don't want to feel disappointed cause I haven't made Progress etc. and even if you have it doesn't really mean anything cause you can sit at 1or 2 centimeters for weeks so I just prefer not to know :haha:

Here's to hoping you make some progress soon! Your almost done :thumbup:

dialation means nothing. women can go from 0 to 10cm in a hour or sit at 2cm for weeks. Baby will come once ready. I understand its disappointing and you are excited to meet baby but you are on 37 weeks. Most Babies will come at some point between 37-42 weeks so stay positive. xxx

Thank u all for the re-assuring responses..the wait is on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->