38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Tui

Mum
Reaction score
Hi everyone, well as title suggests I am trying for number 1 at an age where most have completed their family.

I was never interested in having kids and concentrated on education and career. I've done quite a bit of travelling and moved around a lot over the years too. I met my partner at university nearly 12 years ago and he felt the same as me, so I thought ok, we will be one of those couples that enjoy our freedom (and the extra cash) and wasn't worried.

Well now I have moved back home to NZ and bought a beautiful old house with a huge garden I feel very happy and secure. I couldn't help but think it is such a lovely family home, and wouldn't it be nice to have a little one running round the garden. I had a chat with DH and he said "lets do it" I guess he felt the same!

So I am currently on ttc cycle no 3, after many many years on the BCP. So far, no luck. I've recently joined this site to chat to people in the same boat and have found it really helpful, so thought I would try my own thread.

Would love to hear from ladies in a similar situation, but happy to chat to anyone who might have some words of wisdom too. :thumbup:

UPDATE - I got my BFP on 4th May 2014, 4th cycle trying.

UPDATE - 4th July, 12 week scan showed missed miscarriage, somewhere between 6-8 weeks. D&C on 10th July. Onwards and upwards.

UPDATE - BFP on 23rd October 2014, 4th cycle after the mc. Due 4th July so decided it's a good omen.

UPDATE - 29th October 2014, Another miscarriage at 4.5 weeks. Guess it wasn't a good omen.

UPDATE - BFP November 21st 2014, straight after the mc. So far so good. Keep fingers crossed for me.

UPDATE - 31st December 2014, another mmc at 8w6d after seeing heartbeat at 6w4d. D&C next week.

So in summary, that's 2 mmc and 2 chemicals this year (I didn't bother adding the first chemical here) Hope you all have better luck than me. Good riddance 2014.

NEW YEAR NEW START = 31st March - BFP - POSITIVE THOUGHTS

Update - 4th June 2015. Just had my third successful scan with baby measuring 13weeks. All good so far.

Those still reading, its now Jan 2017 and my beautiful baby boy turned one a few weeks back. I'm also 15 weeks pregnant with number two :) Thanks to all those who follwed my journey and joined me in this thread. Happy New Year.

Hi and welcome. I'm ttc#1 as well, so I don't really have any words of wisdom, but just jump in where you like. Everyone here is very accepting and very nice. I would recommend using OPKs if you're not. That might be a good place to start. Best of luck!

:dust:

Hi TP, thanks for stopping by.

Yes I have been using opks, and this month I started doing temps. Chart link below if you are interested.

No signs of the elusive bfp this month. Been using ultra sensitive tests so think it would have shown by now. Onwards and upwards! Trying not to be upset.

hello. I too am starting on the later side. I am 35 and my husband 44. Have really started our trying this month, but dabbled since January. I will be testing by Friday if AF doesnt come. best of luck and wish you the best at these crazy times :)

Hi bubbles, welcome and thank you. Best of luck to you too. Let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed.

Your chart looks really good compared to mine, so don't give up just yet!

Just been looking at late bfp charts on FF, so trying to stay positive till the weekend. Your temps look like you dance in your sleep some nights :dance: :)

Hi everyone, well as title suggests I am trying for number 1 at an age where most have completed their family.

I was never interested in having kids and concentrated on education and career. I've done quite a bit of travelling and moved around a lot over the years too. I met my partner at university nearly 12 years ago and he felt the same as me, so I thought ok, we will be one of those couples that enjoy our freedom (and the extra cash) and wasn't worried.

Well now I have moved back home to NZ and bought a beautiful old house with a huge garden I feel very happy and secure. I couldn't help but think it is such a lovely family home, and wouldn't it be nice to have a little one running round the garden. I had a chat with DH and he said "lets do it" I guess he felt the same!

So I am currently on ttc cycle no 3, after many many years on the CP. So far, no luck. I've recently joined this site to chat to people in the same boat and have found it really helpful, so thought I would try my own thread.

Would love to hear from ladies in a similar situation, but happy to chat to anyone who might have some words of wisdom too. :thumbup:

Hello !
I'm 35 and ttc 1 on cycle 3 too. I'm 7 dpo today. I've experienced a lot of weird symptoms on my 1st cycles, because of Bcp.. now it seems a little better..
I'm charting for the 1st month.
I hope we get to talk more and share our ttc journey !

Hi lola, sounds great. Nice to meet people in the same boat. You must be getting excited now, when are you going to start testing? I'm a poas addict I'm afraid so I started testing at 7dpo. Now 12dpo and bfn so far. AF due over weekend sometime so guess I'll find out soon. Fingers crossed for you.

I'm not going to test before Af is due.. the 2 past months I had crazy symptoms and bfns, so now I try to chill about it and wait.. 1 week to go !
You must be pretty excited too ! fingers are crossed for you !
let me know !

I'm not going to test before Af is due.. the 2 past months I had crazy symptoms and bfns, so now I try to chill about it and wait.. 1 week to go !
You must be pretty excited too ! fingers are crossed for you !
let me know !

Gosh thats very restrained of you ! Think I'll follow your lead and try and wait a bit longer next month as all these bfn are getting me down. Think I'm out now, just waiting for AF this weekend.

well maybe AF won't show up! we can still hope a little. And your temps are still pretty high !
Yeah I'm trying to restrain myself lol, also where I live, pregnancy tests are expensive (around 6€/test) and you can't get them online, that helps a lot for waiting :D
9 dpo today. ** sigh** it's so looong..

well maybe AF won't show up! we can still hope a little. And your temps are still pretty high !
Yeah I'm trying to restrain myself lol, also where I live, pregnancy tests are expensive (around 6€/test) and you can't get them online, that helps a lot for waiting :D
9 dpo today. ** sigh** it's so looong..

I know, I hate waiting. Not the patient type.

I get my cheapy tests from ebay, they actually come from England and I receive them in a week. Come from a company called Fertlityplan, look them up. They do opks, hpts and all sorts. Got my basal thermometer free when I ordered some tests. Much cheaper than the shops.

ok thanks ! I'll look on ebay then !
keep me updated !

AF showed up this morning so I'm out for this month. Very short cycle, 24 days! Guess it means I get to try again quicker though. Good luck to those still waiting.

Sorry she got you.. at least it was short, that way you get to start over fast !

Sorry Tui...Treat yourself to something great, and then wait for ovulation (again!).
Good luck lola! :dust:

Have a great weekend.

good luck to you too terri !
how far are you on your cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583