38 week consultant appointment!

Nibblenic

Reaction score
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

She gave me a sweep!
It bloody hurt! thought she was going to my ribcage at one point!:cry:

Had a scan as she couldnt find a heartbeat, but it was there and Lo is fine, just very low down (good news!!!!) And in a good postion (great news)

I can have an epidural, alough the MRI showed more unknown damage to my spine. Its not teathered anywhere

I get to go back a week today, for an induction to be book and for another sweep should this one not take

Ive got alot of iregular pains, very low in my back so im hoping its taken, as it were.

Feeling the light at the end of the tunnel girls, just need some labour dust!!!

:happydance::hug::hug::hug::happydance:

Good luck, I hope you don't have to wait much longer, take care :hugs: xx

She gave me a sweep!

Had a scan as she couldnt find a heartbeat, but it was there and Lo is fine, just very low down (good news!!!!) And in a good postion (great news)

I can have an epidural, alough the MRI showed more unknown damage to my spine. Its not teathered anywhere

I get to go back a week today, for an induction to be book and for another sweep should this one not take

Ive got alot of iregular pains, very low in my back so im hoping its taken, as it were.

Can I ask, what is a sweep and why have you had to have it? Sorry if it's a daft question!

Weee congrats ! I hope the next time I get an internal my doc gives me a sweep. I really want to have him now. Good luck!

She gave me a sweep!

Can I ask, what is a sweep and why have you had to have it? Sorry if it's a daft question!

This is what baby centre says

Membrane sweep
What is it? A membrane sweep often helps to stimulate labour and is now offered routinely to women who are overdue. They are also offered when you are 40 weeks pregnant (NCCWCH 2008: 61) if this is your first baby.

What happens if I have a membrane sweep? The membranes that surround your baby are gently separated from your cervix. A midwife or doctor can carry out this procedure during an internal examination. You may be offered two or three membrane sweeps before moving onto other methods of induction.

Risks It can be uncomfortable if your cervix is difficult to reach. You should

However Id say, basically they try and find your belly button via your girl bits!!! To try and move your plug and start of labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->