38 weeks and feeling low - advice needed please xx

Bud123love

Reaction score
hi all - I am 38 weeks and for the past couple of days I have not felt myself. I was absolutely fine a few days ago - excited like I should be. but all I can explain how I feel is that I have lost all enthusiasm towards the baby - when she kicks I have no interest like I did - when ppl say oh you must be getting excited - it makes me more nervous - because I don't feel excited. I feel scared and worried. I hate the way im feeling - I feel so bad. I am 26 and know im ready to have a baby - but I am so scared of when she gets here, that I am going to have to look after a baby. I am scared of being on my own with her - and scared that I will constantly need ppl around. im worried of feeling how I feel now, when she is here. im scared im not going to love her - which I know is silly - as when shes here I know I will. I just feel so down and almost like I am so scared, that I don't want to be pregnant anymore.

is this normal pregnancy worries and hormonal changes? am I just nervous of what is ahead of me and the not knowing of when it will happen. xx

hi, i'm sorry you're feeling this way but i think what you're feeling is probably quite common, having a baby is a massive life changing event and it is natural to have concerns - and your hormones will be all over the place right now!

i am also 26 and a FTM - LO is 17 days old - i spent a lot of my pregnancy not believing i would give birth safely to a healthy baby due to a previous loss. now she is here and i have had no problem loving her and just spend hours looking at her :)

have you got support near you - family etc? i am a very independent person but i've had to suck it up and ask for help in the last couple of weeks. you'll probably find people are more than happy to help :) i had to ask a consultant to come out to help me with breastfeeding which was a really difficult step for me but it was definitely worth it.

feel free to message me if you want - i probably won't know any answers but im happy to listen and support if i can :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->