38 weeks today and feeling so down

Lilly123

Mommy to Zoe & Lily
Reaction score
hi ladies

is this normal? feel so emotional and been crying all day.. dont know if its because i was told yesterday i have to be induced or if its hormones.. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am 37+3 and i have been very emotional and i am not usually a crying person. It may be a combination of the two-being told about being induced and the hormones. Here is a big :hugs::hugs:

I think its just that this has been a tough pregnancy physically, and took us so long to get here as we needed IVF and I really wanted a natural birth and now I guess I am just down cause now I need induction and I really am scared to have a c-section.. really wanted to avoid it... just wanted something to go right.. but i know that it will be all worth it when i have her in my arms..

thanks ladies :hugs:

You're SOOOOOO close hun :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hug: im only 34wks but have also been feeling very down/emotional this week for no particular reason so im putting it down to my hormones

dont worry babe :hugs: you will be fine xxx

Hi I'm due on the same day as you. Can I ask why do you need to be induced? It's rough, nobody wants that in an ideal world, but they must have a reason for doing so and the safety of your baby is the most important thing. Just try to focus on the prize at the end and sending you :hugs:

I think we all go through phases where we feel particularly emotional/tempremental. I am feeling like that at the moment (I'm 30 weeks pregnant). One minute Im laughing, the next Im crying etc. Its a combination of hormones, tiredness and worry. Its perfectly normal! Just make lots of time for yourself and remember that there is nothing wrong with a good cry! :hugs: Good luck!

Hi I'm due on the same day as you. Can I ask why do you need to be induced? It's rough, nobody wants that in an ideal world, but they must have a reason for doing so and the safety of your baby is the most important thing. Just try to focus on the prize at the end and sending you :hugs:

She is inducing because I have borderline GD.. so I know its best for baby... just that I wish baby would come on her own.. good luck with u.. we must keep in touch :hugs:

you never know she might decide to pop out early and save you the induction. And try not to worry the induction might actually go really well... but I know what you mean about wanting her to come when she's ready. Good luck x

Awww, :hugs: sorry this induction has rreally got you down! But like I said they usually have a good success rate, will you be having a sweep before hand as this can sometims help prepare the cervix better and then you more likely to be fine on induction, it's ok hun, honestly and like the above said you may not have to wait until induction sweetie.

I also think it's normal to feel like this, i got really emotional at 31 weeks, cldn't cope was in so much pain, but i'm coming through the other side, but i know there's usally anotehr dip around 38-40 weeks as it all comes to an end, i think it's just your body and mind transitioning into what will be happening.

Huge hugs, and sincerely hope you feel better!

Awww, :hugs: sorry this induction has rreally got you down! But like I said they usually have a good success rate, will you be having a sweep before hand as this can sometims help prepare the cervix better and then you more likely to be fine on induction, it's ok hun, honestly and like the above said you may not have to wait until induction sweetie.

I also think it's normal to feel like this, i got really emotional at 31 weeks, cldn't cope was in so much pain, but i'm coming through the other side, but i know there's usally anotehr dip around 38-40 weeks as it all comes to an end, i think it's just your body and mind transitioning into what will be happening.

Huge hugs, and sincerely hope you feel better!

Thanks everyone! I feel so much better! your support is amazing :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"