38wk mw appointment

Mize1982

Mya-My gift from God!
Reaction score
hi

I was just wondering what happens normally at this one?

I last saw the mw at 35 weeks and it was just like all the others, bp, urine, feel bump, measure and hb.

I was wondering if they start to do anything else? ie look down there lol

My next one's not until 39 weeks, but they don't do anything different at that one where I am. They don't start prodding here until 41 weeks at the earliest. It depends where you are though - is there a week-by-week guideline in your notes or anything?

I had mine today and it was just a normal one.

My next one's not until 39 weeks, but they don't do anything different at that one where I am. They don't start prodding here until 41 weeks at the earliest. It depends where you are though - is there a week-by-week guideline in your notes or anything?

the week bit on the back that they circle just has mw circled at 38wks and then 40wks and the hospital is circled at 41wks. but my mw isnt the most informative of them, not even talked about my plans for the birth lol x

As the other ladies said, it's just like the others! The generally won't go down there until 41 weeks.

My MW never discussed birth plan with me (except asking at booking app if I wanted hospital or home birth!) I know enough from BnB that I knew my MW wouldn't be much extra help!! If you want to discuss it with her just ask!

As the other ladies said, it's just like the others! The generally won't go down there until 41 weeks.

My MW never discussed birth plan with me (except asking at booking app if I wanted hospital or home birth!) I know enough from BnB that I knew my MW wouldn't be much extra help!! If you want to discuss it with her just ask!

its not that i want her to discuss it with me BnB has informed me enough on most issues. was just saying she doesnt say much, she hasnt ever asked if i want a home or hospital birth (not that it matters, i know what i want lol).

She's a lovely woman, just increadably busy thats all.

So just wanted to make sure i know what to expect when i see her.

Of course Hun :)

mines always so busy too! Everytime I walk in she goes off on one about how busy and stressed she is, it drives me mad!!

I cried at my last app as I felt crap, and she was suddenly attentive and took her time! Amazing what tears can do!

lol, not at you in tears but just that its amazing how people suddenly act different when they see your upset.

the week bit on the back that they circle just has mw circled at 38wks and then 40wks and the hospital is circled at 41wks. but my mw isnt the most informative of them, not even talked about my plans for the birth lol x

ok it must be completely different then for different hospitals. I've got a sort of cardboard insert that lists what happens at each week, which has been very helpful :)

I'm sort of surprised she's not talked about your birth plans yet....

ok it must be completely different then for different hospitals. I've got a sort of cardboard insert that lists what happens at each week, which has been very helpful :)

I'm sort of surprised she's not talked about your birth plans yet....

dont get me wrong she's a really good mw, even gave me a money off voucher when she found out i was going for a private gender scan (as they dont tell you at our hospital)

must be different everywhere, there are all different things inside my notes but only things that have been filled in are the booking in parts, the part they do when you have each appointment and the page where i have been admitted to hospital multipul times. the rest is empty. there is a part that has 3 boxs for different stages that i think they are ment to talk to you and tick and sign when they have but she hasnt done so.

oh well. also just remembered she said she maybe on holiday for my next appointment so it will be a covering mw lol

I was wondering this earlier! Felt silly that I was even taking notice of an exam 'down there' when I'll be nekkid down there pretty soon! Isn't it daft lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->