39+2 have i escaped stretch marks???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Loobyloo30, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Loobyloo30

Loobyloo30 Mummy to one

With 5 days to go, I still havent any stretchmarks! Have i escaped them??? Im sooooooooooo worried if i go overdue i'll end up getting them :-( xx

2. babyhopes2010

babyhopes2010 one boy one girl.perfect!

if u do u do,theyll be tiny ones.Geezzz u should see my bloody road map :haha:

3. Loobyloo30

Loobyloo30 Mummy to one

Oooh i hope your right hun. Its so weird........... Why do some women get them and others dont? Im even measuring big too! xx

4. babyhopes2010

babyhopes2010 one boy one girl.perfect!

i have a 10lb baby and polyhydronioes(too much amnotic fluid)

5. Kmx

Kmx Well-Known Member

I hope so. I'm 39+ 5 and I'm the same. Knowing my luck the will appear the day of labour lol

6. Sketcher

Sketcher Well-Known Member

Mm I don't have any yet either, I reckon we might possibly get them afterwards, when the belly deflates and suddenly they'll be there :/
    They are our battle scars anyway aren't they, I still don't want them though haha x

7. beanfluff

beanfluff Mummy to 3 pinks :)

I got awful stretch marks with my last 2 but none so far with this baby., I guess my skin is already stretched but I had most of that skin removed with my tummy tuck.
    I was expecting major ones this time.

Like everyone im expecting them right at the last moment though lol.

8. katieeandbump

katieeandbump Well-Known Member

I escaped stretchmarks last time until baby was fully engaged, literally through labour they appeared on the bottom of my bump! So u may escape but u just never know x

9. zebbed89

zebbed89 mummy to mollie & wtt

I'm afraid to say like sketcher said mine came after mollie came out! I though I had escaped them but no...... it may be different for you girlys. Xx

10. Loobyloo30

Loobyloo30 Mummy to one

Wow you can actually get them whilst in labour AND after!!! Thats depressing lol xx

11. Belle25

Belle25 Guest

Lucky you!!
    Looks like your one of the lucky ones who escapes them :)
    xx

12. diz

diz Well-Known Member

I'm lucky like you! i didn't get them with my first and haven't this time round either x

13. ljo1984

ljo1984 2DDs,2angels <3

i had a few on my hips with imogen but after birth is when you find the rest (and even new ones turn up!)ha ha!! i had small ones along the bottom of what was my pump. there all reapearing now with just a couple that are red so presume there new ones!! not had any on the top of my bump, there just underneath and little.

14. trixie79

trixie79 Mam to Conor&niamh

i didnt have any with my triplets but the minute they wer born at 23 weeks, i got them!

now with this preg i have deep red ones all over my bump! im just hoping they will disappear! my bikini days are over!

15. ljo1984

ljo1984 2DDs,2angels <3

i had imogen in january, had deep red stretch marks, went on holiday in september and i was in a bikini as they had totally faded, im lazy so didnt use any cream either. so you'll be back in one in no time. xx

16. heaven

heaven Mommy of 2 Beautiful Girl

Good luck! One of my old pals had five kids and never got one! I don't have one on my entire body and didn't get one last pregnancy either.... hoping the same for me this time around. Our family has really great skin though. We also eat tons of fruit and veggies w/ little meat. I think that helps.

17. 30mummyof1

30mummyof1 Mummy of 3

Yep same for me, they appeared after birth with ds1. I have more this time round although still all below belly button.
    You may be lucky though x

18. mildred81

mildred81 Well-Known Member

Stretch Marks are down to skin type hun, some peoples skin isn't as elastic and can't cope with the sudden growth - the only way to minimise them is to not grow too fast (i'm not sure exactly how you're supposed to do that, and i failed miserably with both my pregnancies) If you get them you'll learn to love them as a sign of the beautiful baby you grew inside you, if you don't then you feel lucky that they passed you by and you came out unmarked- neither is a bad thing. xx

19. Emx

Emx Mum/Cautiously pregnant

Mine seemed to appear post delivery with DD too... Thought had managed to get away with them... You may well be ok yet though, keep using the cream x

20. tripletsOMG

tripletsOMG Well-Known Member

I didnt get them with my 3 singleton pregnancies and I was over due with first. All my babes were about 8lbs hoping to avoid them this time around too. We will see if it can happen with twins! Good luck hun. Ur profile pic is beautiful! Good luck and welcome to the minority group of escaping stretchmarks in pregnancy lol