39 +5.... 1cm dilated

StarAngel

Reaction score
So today I had an appointment with my doctor, she did a sweep on me and said I wad 1cm dilated. Tell me this is a good sign? I thought I should be more dilated at this point? Sorry I am ftm so am pretty clueless on how this works. Am I 'officially' in slow labour??

I don't think it really matters. It could go slow or fast. Prepare yourself for slow so that you're not disappointed maybe ??

I was 3 cm and 50% effaced at 39 weeks... And baby didn't arrive till 41 weeks :(

But it could go fast, I'm sure you're prepared for that :)

I guess its one of the 'downfalls' to pregnancy, there is no definite answers to when they arrive! All I know is she is making her way! Sooner rather than later I hope☺

Ha, doesn't matter how dilated you are, I was at 5 cm for 8 days. Good luck tho! You could go any day!!

It could progress quickly, or you could hang around at 1cm for a while. It varies hugely!

I was 1 cm for a couple weeks, and didn't dilate any further until I was actually in labor. It would be nice to say that's a way to tell of impending labor but it isn't. It'd be nice if there was an exact science to know!

That is a good sign; I hope things start to progress soon!

at my 36 week appointment with my son, I was 1cm and 80% effaced. At my 38 week appointment, I was 2 cm and 100% effaced and baby's head was engaged. I had to be induced at 41+2, didn't have him until 41+3. Not to be a debbie downer, but being dilated or effaced doesn't necessarily mean anything.

First child I was 1cm dilated when they did the sweep at 40 weeks and she stubbornly refused to arrive until 40+12.

Second child I was 2cm dilated at 39+5 and consultant said she could stretch it to 3cm. Baby arrived bang on 40 weeks.

I don't think the 1cm is a sign it will be soon. It may or may not be but the 1cm won't really give you much of a clue I'm afraid!

Wow, it seems babies really do come when they want to. I thought being dilated & effaced meant an early delivery. Damn! Not that I know as haven't been checked yet but I'll definetly keep an open mind now.

Good luck Star!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->