39 weeks + 5 days pregnant and REALLY emotional

newmummy2011

Reaction score
ok. i am at the end of the pregnancy and at that final stretch of the aches and pains and regular toilet trips. little legs is FULLY engaged and i am 1cm dilated. i have had sciatica since week 14 and early labour since week 37 (ish) which if anyone has been in early labour, will know that it can come and go which is very frustrating. :growlmad: sometimes the sciatica starts when the early labour starts up which makes it doubly painful. my pelvis and pubic bone feel like they are gunna give up and drop out of me any minute and it also hurts like hell. i have a sweep booked for the 1st of feb, and an inducement appt booked for the 10th of feb. my due date is the 28th of jan.

i have taken everything on the chin with the pregnancy and even if i have been upset, i get right back up again within a few minutes and back to my cherpy self (and being upset has been few and far between before now, like once a month). BUT, slowly over this past 2 weeks i have been getting more and more upset and the slightest thing has been making me want to cry like a baby.

for example, my partner had just tidied up the kitchen and it was 2AM so he was shattered bless him. i hadnt had any tea so asked if he could do me some as standing up for longer than a few minutes makes me want to cripple over especially cos of all the aches with the baby being engaged. he said he couldnt cos he was shattered and i had to leave really quick and force myself to stop crying but tears were coming out if that makes sense?

i hate making a fuss, and he does not know that that made me cry. but that is the general sort of stuff thats upsetting me. (not when he doesnt help me, i mean that its something stupid like that scenario thats making me cry) i also want to say that i do not feel sorry for myself. he is not a selfish partner , and he is a very supportive and loving partner too, so its not me being emotional cos he isnt helping enough and i am not a 'spoilt' person and have had to fend for myself most of my child hood and teenage years so its not me throwing a paddy either.

im so emotional that i have just red through what i have just wrote and even this is making me well up just reading it.. :dohh::wacko:

is this normal? is it the pain thats making me emotional or my hormones? also any experiences would be appreciated about the sweep, childbirth and inducement and also your experiences on how emotional you was etc towards the end.
:cry::thumbup::hugs:

aw big hugs hon! I had/have a twisted pelvis anyway which can be excruciating and it's so hard to act like everything is fine when you're in so much pain and can't take much for it so I really feel for you, I've had sciatica too and its sooo painful.
I was really miserable & fed up towards the end of my pregnancy, I think I cried everyday for about 2 weeks (DD was also 10 days overdue which didn't help)
I found the sweep painful and it didn't do anything for me - I went into labour naturally anyway, the day my induction was booked for.
Childbirth was relatively quick for me, although the 2nd stage took 2 & 1/2 hours as she got stuck (aforementioned twisted pelvis...) but managed it all with just a bit of gas & air at the beginning. Was very emotional following the birth as I was so overwhelmed by it all! You'll be fine, it's difficult towards the end when you're big & uncomfortable and just want to meet your LO and feel a bit more like you again :)

aw big hugs hon! I had/have a twisted pelvis anyway which can be excruciating and it's so hard to act like everything is fine when you're in so much pain and can't take much for it so I really feel for you, I've had sciatica too and its sooo painful.
I was really miserable & fed up towards the end of my pregnancy, I think I cried everyday for about 2 weeks (DD was also 10 days overdue which didn't help)
I found the sweep painful and it didn't do anything for me - I went into labour naturally anyway, the day my induction was booked for.
Childbirth was relatively quick for me, although the 2nd stage took 2 & 1/2 hours as she got stuck (aforementioned twisted pelvis...) but managed it all with just a bit of gas & air at the beginning. Was very emotional following the birth as I was so overwhelmed by it all! You'll be fine, it's difficult towards the end when you're big & uncomfortable and just want to meet your LO and feel a bit more like you again :)

when did you have your sweep? a week or 2 weeks or a few days before u finally gave birth? etc etc
and yeh i have started feeling like my body isnt my own anymore :growlmad: dont get me wrong, i dont want to be saying 'i just want him out' but the pain is making it hard for me not to think that way :dohh:

just your hormones :) , i sat crying in the car because i was tired and my back was hurting and the car had broke down on tesco's car park , was with my husband he had called r.a.c i couldn't do a lot about it but ???? lol were aloud

i got up set over people coming to stay for weekend im due to be induced , hubby couldn't understand problem? i explained i want house kept clean tidy so when i get back everything is done and if i have it b4 hand i still don't want long term visitors as i wouldn't long got out hospital, i got so mad that he didnt understand what i ment ? and i was being selfish? he never said i was he said couldnt see problem i could still relax ect with people there ??

just your hormones :) , i sat crying in the car because i was tired and my back was hurting and the car had broke down on tesco's car park , was with my husband he had called r.a.c i couldn't do a lot about it but ???? lol were aloud

i got up set over people coming to stay for weekend im due to be induced , hubby couldn't understand problem? i explained i want house kept clean tidy so when i get back everything is done and if i have it b4 hand i still don't want long term visitors as i wouldn't long got out hospital, i got so mad that he didnt understand what i ment ? and i was being selfish? he never said i was he said couldnt see problem i could still relax ect with people there ??

i dont agree that your partner is making out its a no big deal about people being round when you have just given birth! i would be fuming if i was you!:growlmad::growlmad: you have just had a baby and it should be just you and your partner and your new little bundle if thats how you want it! not to do with the fact that you will probs want to lounge around for the first few days as you have just given birth and will be tired etc. i told my partner we are to have no visiters what so ever for atleast a week...and he has been fully supportive of that. if i was you, i would tell your partner to start being more understanding:hugs:

I think the sweep was about a week b4 I went into labour :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->