39 weeks. advice?

Mica

Reaction score
So... here I am, a week away from my due date. Hoping we'll be on time. I'm looking forward to meeting my babe, whether he decides to come earlier or later. My hubby is trying to finish a big project, so I think his preference is for our due date or a little later, rather than earlier.
When I had a cervical check a few days ago, my doctor says it's still closed. I didn't ask him if it's thinning or any other pertinent questions. (I hate that I sort of go blank when I'm at the office, but I also assume the doc will tell me what I need to know.) Is it normal to be totally closed so close to the due date?
Should I be doing anything this week to get the ball rolling? Would like this little bun to keep cooking for another week, but not too much longer than that. I really DO NOT want to be induced, and doctor says once I get to 41 weeks, that is something he would advise.
I guess every person is different, as far as when they start effacing/dilating, and how quickly it all goes. But just thought I'd ask for any advice you ladies might have for this last week or so of pregnancy.

I'm in the same boat! Ill be 39 weeks in a half hour :) I just don't feel like its going to be anytime soon... Haven't been getting hardly any contractions. And my doctors never have checked to see if I am dilated yet...My next apt is Thursday so I guess I'll see what they say then...

Hey ladies,Im the exact same. I am 39+2 today and have this fear of being induced. Ive booked reflexology tomorrow,keeping active,eating fresh pineapple and drinking sooo much raspberry leaf tea. Dont think ive had any BH but had loads of painful lower pains (maybe that is the head moving down??)
Ive midwife appointment thurs so guess Ill see then too. xx

that's the other thing I meant to mention - I don't know that I've been having BH or any type of contractions. so, it kinda makes me think I'm gonna go past my due date. but I'm just guessing at all this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->