39 weeks today and update from the doc...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by MrsCapps, May 31, 2011.

1. MrsCapps

MrsCapps Well-Known Member

Hello ladies. I can't believe it we are 39 weeks today only 7 days till our little girl is due. I went to the doctor today and she told me I'm still not dilated yet but she is 0 station so she is engaged...yaaa!! Also she said my cervix is very short and soft (she could feel little Marley's head). I told her I have been walking my self crazy and that I was having a lot of braxton hicks contractions and she told me I need to stop walking so much its just making me tiered and I should take like 2 baths a day and submerge my tummy in warm water, this would make my uterus relax and if its ready my water will break. She also said I may not make it to my appointment next week which would be her due date :) I am soooooo happy I can't wait to meet our little girl!!! I hope you ladies out there are getting some good news too I know with this heat I am so miserable and cant wait for her :)

2. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

didnt no bout submerging bump. Will try that soon. Yay for good news for you x

3. mum78

mum78 Well-Known Member

good luck

4. Cupkake.Luver

Cupkake.Luver Mommy to my Babbacakes!

Yay! Your sooooo close! I got a docs appt tomorrow so I get to see how I'm progressing as well.

7 days for you though! Must be thrilled.

5. aussiemum

aussiemum Mother of 4 boys

I have never heard of submerging in warm bath to help along.....This would be great except we only have tank water and it takes a million years to fill my bath full enough to cover my bump LOL......
    Good luck and I hope you meet your little one soon....

6. ChristinaRN

ChristinaRN Mother of 3, pg with #4

I have an appointment tomorrow at 39w3d......last week I was 1cm 50% effaced, hoping to have made some progress! Here's to hoping we are all holding our LO's soon!

7. KerryGold

KerryGold Leila's Mum & cookin' Pip

Someone suggested to me to wet a towel when in the bath and lay it over the bump. It feels nuce! :thumbup:

xXx